Posts by steve76

Hi,

I am facing some problems with kPacs, that I am currently using.
    The problem is that K-PACS server is running on a server machine. BUT, each client running needs a lot of time to download everything locally.. that's too long and that will be longer and longer with the time..
    Now, I use some client machine running Windows 7, and I have the feling that Win7 is not supported by KPACS.

What I would need is the system : Central database ( where all DCOM files a located ) and client software JUST reading the database AND Downloading what they need. ( for bandwitdh consumption )

Is IQ view working that way ? if Not, what tools would do that ?

Dear Sabine,

Sorry for my delayed answer...

From the scanner, the image is exported via DCOM port. Pictures are stored on the server, where Kpac server is running. Then, a kPACS client is looking at pictures via a file system. but that sounds not to be what we need. if this, is importing each DICOM pictures locally, I will explode all the client machines :-)
    I would prefer, to get a central database and each client is viewing or importing just the picture needed ..
    Now, I just wonder if kPacs is compatible Win7 ?? I have some doubts now....

I will als check the problem of the permission folder...

Hi,

I have 2 questions
    We are using kPacs Server and kPacs workstation.

1) selecting the drive, to select the server, I have the feling that the worsktation is downloading .. instead of ( I would expect ) downloading only the index database... that sounds to be a very long operation....
    Is that normal ?
    Is there a specific way to add the picture made by the scanner on the each pc, instead of reloading everything ?

2) On some machines, a new scan seems not to make appear new pictures on the list of the workstation. and I am sure that the server got the new one...
    We need to rescan the server every time.. is that normal ?

( I start thinking that we ar not doing the right way.... )

Thanks