Help getting started compiling win32

• Hello Conquest Users!

I have been using conquest for a few months now. It's great but I would really like to see a few enhancements.

In particular, I am interested in managing Dicom RT objects: RT Plans, RT Structures, and RT Dose files in addition to actual images. As-is conquest supports these objects, but finding and managing them from the database could be much improved if just a few more key details were included in the database somewhere. In particular, it's hard to sort out the dependencies between plan->structure->Dose. Also, conquest doesn't seem to compress RT Dose files (which can be huge) and this would be a big advantage to me if it did.

I will try to make these enhancements myself but would much appreciate any advice to get started compiling the code from scratch. Looking at the forum and docs I can't seem to find even what particular compiler is recommended. I am stuck with a microsoft environment (no linux), but I could obtain whatever C compiler works best.

Any other advice on compiling, adding these particular enhancements, etc, would be much appreciated!

• Hi,

compilation support for Windows is sketchy, although the Makefile incuded in the dgate zip (called from amake.bat) and in dicomlib.zip (called from amakelib.bat) are the ones I use to compile. I use the MS compiler from the platform SDK for Vista.

The links between plan-structure-dose are deeply in sequences, which are not parsed to fill the database. The routine UpdateOrAddtoTable in dbsql.cpp could be modified to get VR entries from a sequence - bit it would be a very large modification of the prorgram structure as the dicom.sql table would need to know the ancestry of the sequence-embedded data. Some of the scripting code in dgate.cpp can look into sequences.

Compression of dose objecta would depend on what compressor you use. Again this would not be easy.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!