Green Images from US

• Hi Marcel!
    I've the following problem on Conquest 1.4.15. The Dicom images retrieved (with .v2 extension on .dcm) have the background green instead of black.
    Tried to view these images on your K-Pacs viewer and also with EZDicom Viewer.
    Other viewers, such as onis or D4D don't open the images saying that are corrupted files.
    How can I solve this problem?

thanks for the help!
    regards
    cirollo

• Hi,

I looked at the mailed images. The PhotomaticInterpretation item is set to YBR_FULL_422, while the pixel values are obviously just RGB. The conquest browser and serverside viewer ignores this item, and provides correct images (3 bytes are interpreted as RGB). The K-PACS viewer reads the PhotomaticInterpretation item and interprets the pixels as YBR, resulting in the green images. So actually, both are right....

The issue is the image itself. The PhotomaticInterpretation may have been set incorrectly by a decompressor or by the modality. How was this image transmitted? Was JPEG support enabled in conquest, and if so did the log show the image was decompressed?

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!