fast sending but slowly receiving (writing)

• Hello
    I used the Conquestserver 1.4.12c for some years with dbase under XP and I stored the images on a NAS (open-E).
    Now I installed the Conquestserver 1.4.15 with MySQL on Windows 2008 R2 in 64 Bit and I access to the same images on the same NAS.
    Re-Indexing was now only 26 h but 2 weeks before.
    Sending Imgages to a e-film-wokstation lasts now 20 sec for 400-500 Images !
    BUT receiving Images from a e-film-Workstation or a modality lasts 1 sec per image - very very slowly !!
    The SQL-Database is installed on the local RAID (SAS).
    What can I do to get the same performance in receiving as in sending ?
    There is no Antivirus-software installed on the Server.

• Hm,

this is weird, I have not seen this issue with MySql. Please experiment with another database driver to see if it is MySQL that causes the problem. I.e., install a fresh server with SqLite. And since re-indexing is actually the same database operation as recieving it may be something else.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

I have a simular problem.
    By sending to the Conquest 1.4.15 it accepts 400 pictures/h, by receving from the Conquest 400/min. We use the NKI compression and are using an NAS and a 1 GBit network.
    Can I change something so that it accepts the pictures faster?

Thanks for your help
    Roelof

• Quote from R.Tillema

Hi Marcel

I have a simular problem.
    By sending to the Conquest 1.4.15 it accepts 400 pictures/h, by receving from the Conquest 400/min. We use the NKI compression and are using an NAS and a 1 GBit network.
    Can I change something so that it accepts the pictures faster?

Thanks for your help
    Roelof

Can you post your my.cnf file?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!