necessary only to retrieve images

• Dear Marcel

I'm using Conquest only to retrieve images from US machine and put them in a folder.
    I specify the folder each time writing Export Converters in dicom.ini.
    I don't need all the server functionality (tables, query mode, viewer, ...)
    Do I need only dgate.exe and dicom.ini to install on the pc?

which are the minimum files needed to do this function?

BR
    Ciro

• how can I specify "no database"???
    I guess is in the following lines....

# Host(ignored), name, username and password for ODBC data source
    SQLHost = localhost
    SQLServer = C:\conquest\Data\dbase\
    Username = conquest
    Password = conquest
    DoubleBackSlashToDB = 0
    UseEscapeStringConstants = 0

BR
    Ciro

• thanks Marcel! I'll try this afternoon...

Just another question: how can I avoid names like:

1.2.392.200039.105.2.200867.12.20100304.114540.0_0001_000003_12676998990002.jpg

that are too long to manage. I need a shorter name, about 30-40 char max. Is possible? How can I do that?

BR

Ciro

• Ok Marcel, works great with FileNameSyntax = 0

the last little step is that in my folder, I don't want dicom images (in the subdir conquest creates) neither the subdir printer_files.
    Can I retrieve only the jpgs???

Let me know.

BR
    Ciro

• ok Marcel, but I use this command to obtain the jpg:

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportConverter0 = dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:%f,1024,F:\ECOGYN\IMG_ECO\P000039\OS20100630\%b.jpg,//0"
    ExportModality1 = SR
    ExportConverter1 = dsr2xml.exe %f F:\ECOGYN\IMG_ECO\P000039\OS20100630\misure.xml

where do I put the destroy method???

Let me know.
    Otherwise, can I avoid Conquest making subdirectiories for the images, now I have mydir

F:\ECOGYN\IMG_ECO\P000039\OS20100630 and a subdir unknow_patientid

I don't want the unknown_patientid subdir, I want the dicom images in F:\ECOGYN\IMG_ECO\P000039\OS20100630 directly toghether with jpgs...

BR
    Ciro

• Hi,

you should use an ImportConverter, that runs before the image is saved.

E.g., process with dgate ....; destroy.

Not sure this works.

As filenamesyntax is concerned, you can use e.g.,

FileNameSyntax = F:\ECOGYN\IMG_ECO\P000039\OS20100630\%sop.dcm

Marcel

• Hello,

Were you able to use an importconverter to get only jpgs ? I am able to do this successfully with exportconverters but no luck with importconverters.

Pl let me know.

Best Regards
    Kashi

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned but I am on 1.4.15.

here's what I am trying to use (The E:\x.jpg is in desperation - a hardcoded filename) - it seems to go to the printer_files folder and as a .dcm file.

ImportConverters = 1
    ImportConverter0 = process with command dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:%f,3000,E:\x.jpg,//0"; destroy

I am sure I have goofed up - pl help ! Is %f valid for an importconverter (the manual says this is for exportconverters only) ?

Best Regards
    Kashi

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for staying with me on this. This is what I have now done :
    ImportConverters = 2
    ImportConverter0 = save to E:\temp.dcm
    ImportConverter1 = process with dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:E:\temp.dcm,600,E:\x.jpg,//0"; destroy

The x.jpg gets created now. Two questions :

a) Why does a dcm get written to the printer_files folder ?
    b) Is there any saving in number of files/processing time between using ImportConverters OR my earlier scheme where I had no ImportConverters but just a bunch of ExportConverters ? I had thought that creation of the intermediate dcm file would be avoided.

Best Regards
    Kashi

• a) The printer_files folder is used a tempory folder. <Process with> writes it there.

b) You can <destroy>the image at the end of an importconverter. I.e., create a database and storage less image converter. For the rest, there is no big advantage of using importconverters (that work on the incoming data) over exportconverters (that work on the saved data). You have to save the image anyway to pick it up with an external program.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply - all is clear. I will leave things as they are with the exportconverters scheme.

Not only have you created a great product, your continuing support makes it a fantastic experience.

Thank you once again.

Best Regards
    Kashi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!