Worklist Query Problem

• Hello,

Did you get a solution for filtering the worklist based on modality ? We have several practices who connect to a single conquest server and we would like to provide each practice with their filtered list of patients.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Kashi

• Hi,

the default worklist database has a modality column, so you can filter on it if you make sure it is filled. If the modality does not request for worklist entries of one modality only you could add the filter as follows:

[lua]
    QueryResultConverter0 = if Association.Calling = 'AE_ULTRASOUND' then Data.Modality = 'US'; if Association.Calling = 'AE_MRI' then Data.Modality = 'MR';

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks to you, I have my approach laid out. I was stuck for sometime because of the lua syntax but once I got past that, things are working fine.

We do not use the database for images (database = null) so I am running another Conquest server instance which is connected to Oracle via an ODBC DSN. Instead of populating the dicomworklist table and then populating this table with qualifying rows, I have created a view which directly represents the appropriate information. The view is particularly useful because I avoid the problem of the worklist table not being "current", cleaning the table etc etc. The Ultrasound machines will access this new Conquest server for their worklist information.

Best Regards
    Kashi

• Hi Marcel,

Here's more information (hopefully useful).

Our Hospital Information System (HIS) is based on Oracle. Ultrasound images sent over from the many Ultrasound machines are routed to a Conquest server where export converters do the job of extracting the images as jpgs and inserting these into Oracle with other meta information (study date etc). Apart from images, we also process SR (convert the SR into an XML using OFFIS dsr2xml and then parse the XML and update measurements in various tables).

Because the Ultrasound technicians had to remember / retype the patient identifiers, there were the usual patient id mismatches - from where my original questions started.

As in any HIS, patients are scheduled for various tests including bloodwork and Ultrasound scans. This information is already available to any HIS user in real-time. Unfortunately, this was not available on the Ultrasound machine.

As my search progressed and with your help, the dicom worklist clearly fitted in. However, there remained a problem with keeping the dicom worklist as current as possible. HL7 implementations, cron job loading would have all worked but with a small time lag. There was also the job of keeping the worklist small (purging old data). So, I thought an Oracle view which mimiced the dicomworklist table could work and it did. This view basically joins across a table which contains demographic information and a table containing today's Ultrasound schedule. There is also another table which defines which user can see which patient(s). So, a combination of these 3 tables coaxed into a view looking like the dicomworklist seems to work very well.

This is still in pilot stage.

Pl let me know if have questions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!