customize font size on print

• I've recently bought a licence of IQ-View 2.6.

I have a compalint about the DICOM print function. :evil:

it seems there's no way to customize the size of the font of the image reproduced on the film :cry:

expecially if you print MRI studied with 5x5 format, the font size will be so small that is almost impossible to read. :evil:

you should add a feature to let used define the font's size

and another feature to decide which DICOM data should appear on the printed film images.

for example i would like to get rid of the patient ID from the printed film
    I only need patient's name, date of birth , exam date, TR, TE, MR sequence. that's it

do you think my requests could be pleased in IQVIEW 2.7?

• Dear dbartalena

The features you are looking for are already integrated in iQ-VIEW for quite some time. Both the size of the text overlay as well as the text overlay items can be configured. You will find all details in the iQ-VIEW 2.6.0 Administration Guide that comes with the installation package but can also be downloaded in the "Download Center" of our website.

For information on how to change the font size for the text overlay on the print-outs, please refer to section 9.3.9 CHANGING THE OVERLAY FONT SIZE AND TEXT SCALING.

For all details concerning the configuration of the text overlay, please see section 9.9.1 CHANGING AND AMENDING OVERLAY INFORMATION OF IMAGES. Please note that changes in the text overlay will affect both the text overlay display in the viewer and in the print manager.

The content in the print page header is, however, not configurable. You may deactivate the page header and rely on the text overlay instead, if you wish.

Kind regards

Sabine Stridde

--
    IMAGE Information Systems Ltd.

• thanks for the hints about the manual.

I checked the .ini files and I have defualt settings like:

[PrintSettings] Default settings
    OverlayTextScaling=85
    Overlay MaxTextSize=14
    OverlayMinTextSize=4

with this preset the fonts are too small and too blurry to be easily readable.

do you suggest to use lower OverlayTextScaling rather than changing the other parameters?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!