how to simulate transfer of dicom files

• Hi! I've the following item to realize:

I'll put Conquest linked to an Ultrasound machine to receive dicom images over the network.
    But, before this, I'll have to test the functionalities at office.
    I don't have an US machine here.
    Can I simulate the situation above with another pc with Conquest or, better, with two istances of Conquest on the same pc (with AE and port different) ????

Let me know.....

Another question: Conquest supports (and how does it works) DICOM SR (structured report)???

Regards,
    ciro

• Hi,

yes if you install one conquest and keep it running, a new install will install one on another port (or you can manually select another port). SR will be saved and retrieved just like any other dicom object.

Marcel

• ok marcel, I'll try it!
    regarding dicom SR, I need informations about measurements made on the US machine (i.e. head circunference, femor length,...).
    Where does conquest put these informations? There is a specific DB table??? I discovered that other software transform these into xml files....

Let me know....

regards,
    ciro

• dear Marcel

tried what suggested, but I wasn't able to do the transfer. I made the following steps:

- installation of conquest in c:\dicom AE conquestsrv1 port 5679 (the standard port) DBF Archive
    - new installation of conquest in c:\conquest AE conquestsrv2 port 5678 DBF Archive

when I tried the query/move operations, (from one server to the other) I cannot see the other in destination combobox. Neither in know dicom providers, there I found only 1 server a time. Tried also to add the other one in know dicom providers manually.

What was wrong?
    Obviously, the 2 server are running.
    Let me know

regards,
    ciro

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!