limit in studies

• Andreas:

i have a quick question.

i have k-pacs installed (temporary) on a server and am using it to retrieve approx 50,000 studies from another server. i am pulling about 5,000 at a time. i then modify the patient data, like the ID or the referring physcian, and then i send to my iq-web server.

all was working fine until yesterday. for some reason, studies were "disappearing" off the list. i would make a modification, save it, and the name was gone. however, if i did a search for the modified studies, they showed up.

then i noticed i hit the 10,000 study mark. it also won't take anymore. is the problem a limit in the amount of studies in kpacs? is there a way around that?

thanks.

• Dear Mr. Stacey

Both iQ-VIEW and K-PACS have a 10.000 study limit. The study browser won't display any more studies than that. As you know, the application isn't meant to be used as a storage system. The studies coming in will still be accepted but cannot be displayed al in the study list. Additionally, the performance of iQ-VIEW/K-PACS may suffer the larger the imagebox/database is and we can no longer guarantee data consistency.

If there aren't any more studies coming in, you may want to check if there is still available hard disk space left on the drive where the imagebox is located. If the HDD is filled up, no data can be stored.

Kind regards

Sabine Stridde

--
    IMAGE Information Systems Ltd.

• Thanks Sabine. Sorry I did not get back to you early. I am only using it a method to transfer studies from InSiteOne to my iQ-WEB since i have to modify each study before it gets stored on the iQ-WEB. I ended up using it and then moving the studies to Conquest. I now have over 40,000 studies in there and am retrieving them month by month, fixing the studies, and transferring them to iQ-WEB.

Makes for job security if nothing else!!

Pat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!