Convert to BMP

• Hello,

Another question that I could not see answered explicity. I see that there are ways to automate conversion of incoming studies to, say, jpg or bmp files. And the gui seems to allow only conversion of one image at a time. It would be very useful to be able to convert one sequence or one study to bmp interactively in the gui, since for my use I don't necessarily know which ones I want converted until later, when say I'm preparing a presentation. I usually convert them to bmp files which allow me to animate them very easily, but converting one at a time is obviously tedious.

Wanted to make sure I was correct that there is no current way to do this and whether this was something that might be added to a future version...not a deal-breaker obviously , since there are other conversion programs out there.

One other quick question, I'm using the default DBASE III option. I'll probably be storing around 100-200 research studies a year, each with around 3000-5000 images. Pretty low volumes compared to clinical studies, but when I do the math it's actually up to 1 million images a year which according to your writeup might be some stress for the DBASE option. Am I going to start running into problems in a few years? Should I be using the MySQL instead? I don't care much about speed. I'll generally only be sending it one study at a time. Just want to make sure you don't think I'll be running into a wall in a few years...

Thanks again for this program, which appears to do most things better than any commercial program I've tried.

• Hi,

There is no current way to convert a series into a list of bmp's, I would use the batch conversion option of irfanview. I hesitate to put the option in since very few would use it, I believe.

DbaseIII is fine for large databases, except that startup eventually gets slow. I just changed the default to SQlite, which works better under high loads, and uses less disk space. You can easily change the database. Just backup and delete dicom.ini and restart to re-install, and choose a different database. Regeneration may take some time though. SQLite requires no extra software.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!