Connecting to mysql under linux

• Hello, I'm new to conquest forum community but I'm using conquest software since 1.4.14 version and I'm very grateful for Your work. I did my own gui to search, view and archive dicom/jpeg pictures under WWW using php/mysql in cooperation with conquest software. Nowadays I try to use mysql cluster with 3 different mysql instances for 3 different conquests (one server machine with matrix storage and connected 3 FCRs in our hospital) and there's a little problem. There is possible to run few conquest instances in parrarel but it seems that in dicom.ini file there is only SQLhost option where should be written computer name or ip. I've tried also to use "ip:port" or even mysql.sock path like "/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" but with no luck. Of course I can use mysql instances on different ip addresses on the same machine and conquests work but in my opinion the best solution would be possibility to connect through database socket or different port on the localhost. Maybe I've missed such options. I will be pleased for Your help.

• Hi,

I had not foreseen multiple MySQL instances, so the MySQL port is not configurable (also not for other SQL drivers). What would be the advantage of using multiple instances over multipe databases for the same instance?

Marcel

• Hmm.. in my opinion multiple instances are pretty good for safety of your resurces and connections. You can set to write sql dbs with your pictures together and directly in some directory on different drive for different hospital equipment. If there are strange errors in connection, You can read them on specific mysql log, not on the common one. For example You can shut down whole e.g. 'conquest1-mysql1' instance or give 'regenerate' command to conquest1 while this shouldn't slow down or even kill other applications. I know that my examples may be specific for PACS & teleradiology systems You are using, but it can make huge improvements in work (remember that You can start application like conquest and mysql with different CPU affinity on server). Of course using different mysql port than 3306 is possible in many cases, it could be nice to have such option in dicom.ini. Please forgive me my English language, but You should understand my point of view. Best regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!