Merging Databases for Conquest

• Hi :) ,

We were running Conquest on our Windows machine till it used up all the space on our TB hard drives.

So we switched the folder that Conquest stored files on an external Western Digital hard drive as a temporary solution while more hard drives were being shipped.

So now we have old files and a database file .mdb which I'm able to open in MS ACCESS on the old hard drive, newer files with a smaller database on the Western Digita. Today the RAID Array setup shipped and came in, I can put all the images in the same folder on the new hard drives but I do I merge the database files? Do I simply open up the .mdb file with MS ACCESS and copy the records from the newer one and put it in the larger database so Conquest will start reading from that database

OR

is there a better way or another way?

Thanks in advance!
    Tony

• Hi,

There are a few options: you could merge the databases manually, or start the old version and insert the new files, e.g., by drag and drop. Or you could copy the new files onto the same folder as the old files manually and do batch file with many dgate --regendir: commands to update the old database.

Be aware that (in any way in the past) that MS-ACCESS has a fairly small limit on the database size.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!