Secondary Capture Image Storage

• Hi!

My friend is developing a computer-aided diagnosis system that automatically sends the post processing images to ConQuest server, but he is receiving this message when trying to send the images to the server:

WARNING:
    Abstract Syntax 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7 Secondary Capture Image Storage with
    Transfer Syntax 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.50/JPEG Baseline (Process 1) not supported
    Cannot send c:\cad-pacs-client\result\1.2.40.0.13.1.10.165.41.57.13799530.20090911171058798.2

It seems that ConQuest doesn't support this kind of syntax. Am I right?

So my friend is asking the following question:

I'm not able to send images with Second Capture Image Storage transfer syntax to Conquest Server.
    Do you know if Conquest supports this transfer syntax?
    I appreciate you help. Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

PS: I'll ask him to join us at this forum.

Gustavo F. Caetano
    Technical Coordinator and Biomedical Informatics Specialized Technician
    Image Sciences and Medical Physics Center
    Hospital das Clínicas - FMRP - USP

• Hi,

Probably is is enough to enable JPG support, as provided by recent conquest versions (e.g., 1.4.14 or 1.4.15). Maybe he also needs to edit dgatesop.lst to enable his class of images.

Marcel

• Hi, Marcel.
    We've enabled JPG support at our server and now we can successfully send the image to the server, but the image at our server has its colors changed.
    Using eFilm or K-PACS to send didn't work (the server shows "*** connection terminated"). We could send the images only with DCMSND (from DCM4CHE), but something is happening...

We have a text page, with black text and in white background, saved as image and converted to DICOM. After sending it to our server, the background turns pink and the text turns dark green.
    After that we changed the image to grayscale (it was RGB) and sent it again to our server. It didn't have its "colors" changed, but when getting this image with eFilm or K-PACS, the displayed image is triple. We have tree views in one (side-by-side) of the same image.

For now I don't have any more details, but if you ask me for some, I'll ask to the researchers and then tell you.

Thank you for your attention.

EDIT:

The researchers found and corrected and error at their image conversion code, so the images are fine now! Thanks!

Gustavo F. Caetano
    Technical Coordinator and Biomedical Informatics Specialized Technician
    Image Sciences and Medical Physics Center
    Hospital das Clínicas - FMRP - USP

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!