dgate.exe: Windows 2003 Server Application Log Errors

• I have been running Conquest for a few months now with some radiologists using it through Osirix (Mac application) and even 1 using the iPhone version of Osirix. Lately I have been seeing that the queries fail and there have been some connection errors. In the Windows Application Event Log I am seeing some Category 100, Event ID 1000 errors with the following message, "faulting application dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000cdd69."

If I stop and restart the service, I can performa a query. (I'm using the iPhone version of Osirix for testing.) I've noticed that at some point, after a query, the system starts failing. Attempts to transfer (C-STORE) new data fails, attempts to retrieve data fails. If I query from the Conquest GUI interface, it says the query is failing.

This is recent so I'm not sure what is going on or how to follow it deeper.

I installed 1.4.15 this morning and it gave me the same errors.

• Further exploration has turned up the following: I set the EnableComputeedFlags setting in dicom.ini to 1 to allow the calculation of the number of images. The Osirix feature that automatically polls a DICOM server and pulls down new studies periodically from the server needs this field or it does not pull down any images. This means the radiologists have to manually pull down the studies. This is not acceptable to them. (They use this system for overnight call for viewing critical ER and Trauma CTs.) When the computed fields is set, it causes the system to hang periodically when queries are done. The dgate.exe executable faults out.

Now I have a conundrum. I need the image count and I need the system not to fault.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

• Hi,

the EnableComputedFlags code was optional, because it was not fully tested. Please tell me for what version the crash address was, then I can try to figure out what goes wrong and fix the server. And also give me the crash address for 1.4.15.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!