Is it possible now to run ConQuest under Linux using MySQL?

• Hi, guys!
    As I've already asked in the topic title, is it possible now to run ConQuest under Linux using MySQL?
    I've been searching for this info, but couldn't find anything helpful yet.

How are the progresses?

Thank you!

[ ]s!

Gustavo F. Caetano
    Technical Coordinator and Biomedical Informatics Specialized Technician
    Image Sciences and Medical Physics Center
    Hospital das Clínicas - FMRP - USP

• I'm running Debian (stable) at my server and after running maklinux_mysql (using 1.4.15alpha files) I see (using 'ls') that the dgate file is missing. It seems that something went wrong (too much warning messages, I couldn't scroll back to the beginning to find an error message) ...

I have installed mysql-server (v5), apache (v2), g++ (v4.3), libpq-dev...

Is anyone using ConQuest with MySQL with Linux?

The content of maklinux_mysql is:

Why there are some PostgreSQL references even if I will use MySQL? Is this correct? That's why I've installed libpq-dev.

Thanks again!

[ ]s!

Quote from marcelvanherk

Hi,

It defitively is. There is a working? make script in 1.4.15alpha.

Marcek

Gustavo F. Caetano

• Hm,

this is in the bug list from 1.4.14:

8 ) The linux install script using mysql has -DPOSTGRES in the compile line instead of -DMYSQL. There may also be a problem defining SQLLEN as SDWORD in this case (not confirmed). This is the correct command line for this file: g++ -I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/usr/include/mysql -DUNIX -DNATIVE_ENDIAN=1 -DNOINTJPEG -DUSEMYSQL total.cxx -o dgate -lpthread -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient. Further the scripts run fine on Ubuntu8.10 or other debian based linuxes with apache2 installed. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

And I checked that the fix is in maklinux_mysql in 1.4.15alpha. So I guess you misplaced a file....

Marcel

• Sorry! My mistake!
    You're right, after your reply I saw that I was trying to run the maklinux_mysql from 1.4.14. I was at the wrong folder (1.4.14).

Now I've just compiled 1.4.15alpha (using maklinux_mysql) and it's working!
    Everything I needed to do after compiling was to manually create the conquest database at MySQL.

Is there any disadvantage of using ConQuest/MySQL under linux? Our Linux servers are using ConQuest/dBaseIII, but sometimes it crashes and when it restarts the db re-indexing takes a long time to finish. I guess I'll not have this issue using MySQL.
    Until 1.4.14, the file windowsmanual.pdf tells: "On Linux, one should use the built-in dbaseIII driver
    as long as the MySQL connection has not been developed."
    Was this the only reason to avoid using MySQL?

Thanks again, Marcel!

Regards.

Gustavo F. Caetano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!