Settings for WAN access from Osirix iPhone app

• Hi

I am a new user of ConQuest.

I am trying to access my ConQuest server from Osirix on my iPhone from outside my local network (ie. From the WAN side of my router), but I don't know how to configure the ACRNEMA.MAP list of known DICOM providers to allow this.

I have ConQuest (1.4.17) running on my home computer which is connected to the Internet through an ADSL router. My Internet connection uses a dynamic IP address, but I use DynDNS to connect to it remotely using my hostname (lets say myhomecomputer.com.au)

I have the Oxirix HD app (3.5.5) installed on my iPhone 5.

I have added Osirix to the ConQuest list of Known DICOM providers, using the AP and port listed in the Osirix HD settings. For the IP I have entered the LAN address of my iPhone. With these settings, when I'm at home connected to my local network by WiFi, I can search and view images.

What I would like to be able to do is access the DICOM images when I am not at home (ie. over my iPhone's 3G / 4G connection). What IP or hostname should I put into the Known DICOM providers list to make this work? I've tried using an asterisk (*), the hostname of my phone company and the hostname of the DynDNS service, but I can only browse the database, not view any images. I even tried looking up my iPhones current IP address (on http://www.whatismyip.com) when connected to 3G and entering this in the Known DICOM providers list, but I still couldn't view images (this would not work in the long-term anyway as my phone's IP address would change each time I connect to 3G, but I just wanted to get some starting point to work from)

I have forwarded the ports in my router: I have forwarded the ConQuest port (default 5678), and the port listed in the Osirix settings (default 4096). Do both of these ports need to be forwarded?

I could create a VPN connection to my home network and try connecting that way to the ConQuest server, but I would prefer to find a way to connect directly from my iPhone when away from home by using my domain (myhomecomputer.com.au) without needing to use a VPN

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do (connect from dynamic WAN IP)? Will this be secure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks Marcel!

Thanks for your help. I am just starting with Conquest, so please forgive by basic questions. I've looked at the thread you linked to.

I have inserted the following into dicom.ini:

Code
    [lua]Association=dofile('myscript.lua')

Is dicom.ini the correct file to place this text into? Does it matter where I paste it within that file?

I have also created a file called myscript.lua with this code:

Code
    for i=1,10 do
    AE,IP,P,C= get_amap(i)
    if AE==nil then break end
    print('testing AEs', i, AE, IP, P, C)
    if Association.Calling==AE and Association.ConnectedIP~=IP then
    print('changing AE to:', i, AE, Association.ConnectedIP, P, C)
    servercommand('put_amap:'..i..','..AE..','..Association.ConnectedIP..','..P..','..C)
    end
    end

Where should I place the myscript.lua file? I am using Windows 7 to run the Conquest server. I have tried placing the myscript.lua file in the root folder of conquest (ie. the same folder as ConquestDICOMServer.exe) and also tried placing in the /lua folder.

Thanks for your help!
    Brent

• Hi Brent,

the [lua] bit must be in the end, and putting the myscript.lua in the root folder of the server is correct too. Every connection you make should now print some extra things on the console and IP adresses should be changed when needed.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

I'm still not able to connect. In fact, with the [lua] section added at the end of dicom.ini I can't even connect from my local network any more.

From what I read in the thread you linked to, I think that provided the AE of the device I am trying to connect is one of the first ten in the list it should work (based on the line for i=1,10 do). Is that correct, or does the device need to be the first one in the list of "Known DICOM providers"?

What IP should I put in the ACRNEMA.MAP file? I think it should not matter if the script is working correctly, as it is meant to automatically change the IP entered in ACRNEMA.MAP. Is that correct?

Thanks again
    Brent

• Hi Brent,

the first in the list (item 0) should be the server itself, that cannot be processed to avoid an endless loop. The second to 10th take on the IP address at which they are called.

The IP's in ACRNEMA.MAP are irrelevant, they will be overwritten anyway.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!