Error in Accept() function call

• I'm using v1.4.14 and after hours of running, dgate will crash with the error message "***Error in Accept() function call." There doesn't seem to be a pattern (number of associations, number of hours running, etc.) to this.

I didn't see any errors in the Windows Event Viewer or any real details in the log output. Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for the reply, Marcel.

I actually think I've discovered the problem. I did notice it was a low-level socket call, so I figured it was a server issue. Before getting too deep in to it, I noticed that one device was sending studies as 1 association per image. This device was also on the LAN and running 4 threads simultaneously, so it was creating thousands of threads in no time at all. Once we changed the sending device to send 1 association per study, the error has not returned.

For others that may receive this problem, there is also some guidance from Microsoft. They suggest editing the registry to increase the maximum user port (5000 by default) and possibly the Thread Wait Timeout value.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!