Auto Cleanup Disk on Linux

• Hi, everyone!

As I told on some other topics, we use the Linux version of ConQuest (1.4.14) using the built-in dBaseII on a Debian (stable) system.
    I'm getting worried about the absence of the Windows interface of ConQuest because I don't know how to set the linux version to cleanup the disk automatically when it reaches some ammount of data.

Is there any way to do it?
    Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

[ ]s!

Gustavo F. Caetano
    Technical Coordinator and Biomedical Informatics Specialized Technician
    Image Sciences and Medical Physics Center
    Hospital das Clínicas - FMRP - USP

• I just needed to read the results from "./dgate -help". I couldn't find that info before you answer me!

./dgate -h

[-ff#] Delete old patients until #MB free]

Thanks again, Marcel.

[ ]s!

Gustavo F. Caetano

• Hi, Marcel.

Finally the server disks are full (only 31M free), so I've noticed that this command isn't doing what it should do:
    /opt/conquest/dgate -ff30000

I've set up cron to run this command every night to keep 30GB of free space.
    I'm running it manually now and nothing is deleted (and nothing appears at "serverstatus.log". I still have only 31M free and can't receive any new studies.

Now I'll try to delete old patient data so I'll be able to receive new ones.

Thank you for any help.

[ ]s!

Edit: Now it worked, but only when entering '/opt/conquest' and then running './dgate -ff30000'
    I don't know why the disk got filled, because my cleanup script does this every night:

cd /opt/conquest/
    ./dgate -ff20480 &

----------
    Editing...

After analyzing what was going on, I've noticed that the server was receiving more than 20 GB of data per day. The disk was getting filled before the clean up script runs. Something went wrong with the server with the filled disk so it wasn't deleting before I restart it (when I wrote at this topic). After restarting the server and running './dgate -ff20480 &' again it freed 20GB.
    Now I've changed the -ff20480 parameter to -ff50960 and it's fine!

Gustavo F. Caetano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!