Migrating to a new database backend

• I have a server downtime coming up, and I'm thinking of changing the database backend on the conquest server to something other than the default DbaseIII backend.

I am assuming that SQL will be the best choice for this - any comments, suggestions or caveats?

Regards,

Brian

• Hi,

We run some servers with dbaseIII clinically - so it should not crash. But to migrate I suggest MySQL as being easiest and fastest. The conquestdicomserver GUI does a good job creating the database and setting the parameters.

Marcel

• The main thing I'm trying to do is just speed things up. It's not crashing, although I do get "out of memory" erros sometimes - however it doesn't crash.

The error is probably that I haven't increased my dicom.ini setting for more images, it's around a million. After I migrate, that should disappear ;)

I am having more modalities come online, and I am going to be migrating data from another non-conquest PACS to this one, so I just want to try and help it handle the incoming data faster.

The other thing is that the server is starting to get a lot of data on it, and once in a while it ends up re-indexing, by itself (maybe after the "out-of-memory errors?), and there's nearly a terabyte on there so far, so indexing takes a while, and it makes waves since the modalities start reporting errors, and I start getting calls :)

Brian

• Also, it seems that the best way to do this would be to uninstall Conquest, and re-install after I have the SQl database in place, and then re-initialize the database with the existing data... sound good?

Is there any issue with using Mysql 5.1?

• Hi,

out of memory and re-indexing by itself sound strange. Can you show actual error messages or logs?

You can install a second server (using another port) with MySQL (5.1 is fine), and point it to the same data. This gives a nice way to test and migrate.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!