auto delete studies?

• I know you can set it to auto delete as part of maintenance nightly but that is only based off of free space.

Is there a command that could be added to the dicom.ini that would run at off peak times and delete studies based on age? Like delete everything older than 7 days?

I am currently using the auto forward lines added to dicom.ini

Any help is appreciated

great work on this program - it is a handy thing indeed.

• Hi,

you can change the order in which studies are deleted but not the trigger mechanism.

LRUSort: Normally: patients entered into the servers database girst will be deleted or archived
    first. By setting this option to studydate, patients with the oldest last studydate will be selected
    for deletion or archival first. Can also be set to patientBir, or AcessTime. Default "".

But you could run, e.g., as a scheduled task, a batch file that would run a command like this. It is up to you how to get the last date computed.

dgate --deletestudies:19800101-20090101

Marcel

• Hi

I have 3 MAGDevices 0-2. I would like to fill MAG0 up to 10GB an then use the next one MAG1 and then MAG2.
    To do this I used Magdevicefullthreshhold=10000 . This should do it I think.
    Does this setting work for all MAGDevices or can I set it for each one seperately?

What does happen when all drives are full to the extend of 10GB, will it stop accepting/writing data?
    If so what would be the best way to free up space on a regular basis while not risking to loose incoming data and at the same time use the available space? - NightlyCleanThreshhold of 12000MB?

• Hi,

I have 3 MAGDevices 0-2. I would like to fill MAG0 up to 10GB an then use the next one MAG1 and then MAG2.
    To do this I used Magdevicefullthreshhold=10000 . This should do it I think.
    Does this setting work for all MAGDevices or can I set it for each one seperately?

NO, THERE IS ONLY ONE SETTING

What does happen when all drives are full to the extend of 10GB, will it stop accepting/writing data

THE LAST DRIVE WILL FILL FULLY UP, THEN IT STOPS ACCEPTING DATA

NightlyCleanThreshold defaults sorts on incoming date (deletes oldest first). It works, however, only on MAG0.....

Your setup will require some scripting to delete data from all MAG devices I am afraid.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!