Server hangs

• Hi all,

I have a severe issue since a few days : one of my conquest server ( 1.4.17 beta) hangs every time i launch the GUI.
    It makes the dgate to hang as well, and so i have to force close the GUI and restart the dgate service.

This is very annoying as i'm not able to browse the studies to delete some faulty series anymore.
    I regenerate database yesteday, and i thought the problem was solved as i was able to browse my studies after, and the server was functioning perfectly.
    But this morning, when i launch the GUI, the same issue occures every times... :(

Does anyone have an idea to solve this ?

I would try to regenerate database again, using dbase3 driver instead of SQLlite, but maybe someone has already solved a similar issue ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

• Hi,

what 'hangs', the gui, the server or both. The GUI tries to do this:

[CONQUESTSRV1] Server has service:

[CONQUESTSRV1] Stopped zip and cleanup thread
    [CONQUESTSRV1] User interface test: local server is running!

Do you see any of this? What is different between this server and the others? I do not expect sqlite to be the issue.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel.
    No i don't see the lines you mentioned.
    This server has no difference with others. The lua script used is the same.
    But i think it's the most important database of all (but still an average size, about 68 Mo).

What I can see in log window :

"server has service ....."
    "Starting server (may take a while...)

And then it hangs and do not respond at all.
    As the GUI hangs, the dgate server hangs too. No client is able to query the server or send / retrieve any image.
    If i force close the gui and restart the server, then the dgate is OK, till i try again to launch the GUI.

• It uses these commands, can you try them from the command line without the GUI on to see what happens:

start server, changes log to GUI:

dgate "--log_on:1111"

stop server, changes log back to file:

dgate "--log_on:serverstatus.log"

Marcel

• I've tried these commands, the dgate process hung as well.
    But, after that to be done, i restarted the conquest service and now i'm able to launch the GUI ! :?
    Hope this will last, but i'm not sure about anything now...

• Hm,

This is what it does:

SystemDebug.Off();
    OperatorConsole.Off();
    OperatorConsole.OnUDP(OCPipeName, SilentText+7);
    OperatorConsole.AddTimeStamps(0);
    StopZipThread();

can't see anything hanging there.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,
    The issue is here again this morning.
    I tested the server by querying it, it worked. Then i launched the GUI, it hung, and the dgate server is not responding anymore now.
    I have to restart service.
    I can't find any explanation... :(

EDIT :

After a log reading, i think this is an issue due to the lua script i use for changing IP on demand, if you remember : http://forum.image-systems.biz/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15613

Here is a log extract which match the time i tried to launch the GUI.
    http://d-h.st/WVf
    It seems that the IP test is making an infinite loop and then crash the server.

Do you believe i'm thinking the right way ?

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!