Access question under dgatesop.lst

• I've couple of questions on access under dgatesop.lst and acrnema.map, as I'm little confused about their role.

I'm planning to use conqest1414 linux version and mysql.

1) If I add a new entry in dgatesop.lst or to acrnema.map, do I need to restart the dgate process for the new entries to be picked up?

2) Is there a way I can add remoteAe's to dgatesop.lst without restarting the server? Is there a limit to remoteAE entries in dgatesop.lst?

3) What's the difference between the remoteAe entry in dgatesop.lst and ae_title entry in acrnema.map file? Does dgatesop.lst entry override acrnema.map file.

4) I want to allow some servers to send only images and not be able to retrieve - which I thought would be in dgatesop.lst. The other dicom viewers can retrieve images for viewing and are in acrnema.map file. Is this true assumptiom?

appreciate your answers to the above questions.

Thanks
    -Vinod

• Hi,

1) If I add a new entry in dgatesop.lst or to acrnema.map, do I need to restart the dgate process for the new entries to be picked up?
    Yes, unless you call dgate --readxxx functions to force reloading the files:
    dgate --read_ini:
    dgate --read_amap:

2) Is there a way I can add remoteAe's to dgatesop.lst without restarting the server? Is there a limit to remoteAE entries in dgatesop.lst?
    There is no limit; and these are the (untested) dgate commands:
    dgate --get_remoteae:index,fmt List any accepted remote AE title
    dgate --put_remoteae:index,AE,name Write/add accepted remote AE title
    dgate --delete_remoteae:index Delete accepted remote AE title

3) What's the difference between the remoteAe entry in dgatesop.lst and ae_title entry in acrnema.map file? Does dgatesop.lst entry override acrnema.map file.
    In dgatesop.lst: this is a filter for CALLERS, only listed items can connect to store, query and move
    In acrnema.map: this is a lookup for CMOVE DESTINATIONS; if you are not there you cannot be sent to

4) I want to allow some servers to send only images and not be able to retrieve - which I thought would be in dgatesop.lst. The other dicom viewers can retrieve images for viewing and are in acrnema.map file. Is this true assumptiom?
    Sorry, this functionality is not exactly provided. Anybody who can get in (as defined in dgatesop.lst) to store images, can also query. To be able to retrieve you also have to be in acrnema.map

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel, that helps clarify things.

I tried the following command but I think I didn't get the syntax right:
    dgate --get_remoteae:index,fmt
    as
    > ./dgate --get_remoteae:1,"%s" - but didn't see any remote_ae even thought they existedn in dgatesop.lst
    > ./dgate --get_remoteae:2,"%s" - same as above.

Am I using the correct syntax - what values can index and fmt have? Sorry wasn't obvious from the manual.

The other question I have is what's character length limit on the AE_TITLE name which can be added to
    1. dgatesop.lst file
    2. acrnema.map file.

Thanks
    -Vinod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!