How-to? ForwardAssociationLevel=STUDY??

• Hello,

This command works with export converters

but

Is there a way to get it working in study level with "Vritualserverfor*=" situation?

At the moment it is retrieving studys from virtual servers in association level = image , we need to change it to study level because our central PACS host admin says its a problem to them - I have no information why it is problem for them...

• Hi,

this is not possible now without a recompile. Also the logic might be difficult. Now the code evaluates all missing files in a C-MOVE. If they all belong to one patient, study and series, it asks for all SOPs at once, using multi-value matching (SOP=sop1\sop2\sop3 etc). It would be possible to then always let it ask for the entire series. This risks retrieving too much (the entire series is retrieved if one file is missing in a request).

In the other case, it will collect slice by slice, and that will have to be at the image level.

I assume the problem is with the first scenario?

Marcel

• Hello, Otto
    The reason is well-known - the PACS system where You send your DICOM pictures to (AGFA-Impax) has huge overload when receiving long MR and CT studies sent by image and some single pictures even mail fail to be transmitted. Using sent by study Your system initiates a single association for a whole bunch of pictures in single CT or MR study. Obviously this may be a better (faster and complete) solution for sending long studies into a highly loaded PACS.
    Marcel, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As send by studies is not possible using Virtualserverfor then maybe You consider to utilize ExportConverters instead.
    I'm just setting this thing up in my Conquest and looking forward to test the setup in the nearest days.

• Hi,

this is about virtualserver: a retrieve from kodak to conquest. Because multiple-value matching is used, it will be over a single association - so your analysis may be incorrect. Exportconverters are only useful to transfer from conquest to kodak.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!