DHCP Clients

• Hi, I’am newbie of dicom technology, I have setup my conquest dicom server(veterinary images) with 5 clients with fixed ip(Kpacs and osirix viewers).I like to know if it is possible to have more or all clients with DHCP address ?
    Thanks
    :roll:

• There are a number of factors which will the ease of use of this approach. Basically, if the ip address changes then acrnema.map must be edited.
    If you have control of the dhcp server you can assign the ip based on the MAC address. This is the same principle as fixed ip but more flexible for the client.
    If the pool of available addresses is larger than the number of clients they should get the same address they had from the first connection.
    If the pool is smaller than the number of clients then there is a greater chance of getting a new ip. This is affected by how often the client is disconnected from the network.

• Hi,

we use a wildcard adress and name mapping:

name client AE as "Vcomputername" with port e.g., 1234

use server ACRNEMA.MAP entry

V* * 1234

This will substitute computername as adress, so the IP address does not need to be known. This trick work under windows.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!