A Challenge

• I successfully installed on to a Win98 machine, (Kpacs). So I have A Kodak CR850 CR Reader with a Static IP address, which I know. The CR reader uses W2K Pro for an OS.

Is there anyway to connect to the CR Reader, to acquire images from there to my desktop PC? I have tried but it just scans my Desktop PC for images.

Just a thought

Thanx
    Jim

• As far as I know, all newer Kodak CR systems can send images via DICOM Store to a remote system. Set up the CR reader to "know" K-PACS as DICOM node and send images directly into the local DB. The "Filesystem" option is for scanning harddrives, CD's or shared folders in a LAN only.

regards,
    Andreas

Ps.: I have not tested K-PACS with Win98, but I guess this could work. Please report any malfunctions.

• I have tried to get the CR Reader to send to my Desktop computer using a static IP address, with no success. I can send from PC to reader, but I can not activate the Reader to send to PC.

thanx

Jim

• Quote from jymmi

I have tried to get the CR Reader to send to my Desktop computer using a static IP address, with no success. I can send from PC to reader, but I can not activate the Reader to send to PC.

thanx

Jim

Try using your filesystem menu in k-pacs and browse to the directory on the CR which holds the images from the CR" Directory"

• Quote from jymmi

I have tried to get the CR Reader to send to my Desktop computer using a static IP address, with no success. I can send from PC to reader, but I can not activate the Reader to send to PC.

thanx

Jim

You must configure K-Pacs as a destination in the admin section of your CR system. This means you'll need to configure IP, Port and called AET of the K-Pacs system on the CR to define K-Pacs as a known Dicom node.

Check the K-Pacs docs if you need to configure K-Pacs to accept Dicom assosiations from your CR.

Good luck
    Rainer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!