exportconverter queue?

• Hi

First of all, thanks for a great application!

I have a question about exportconverters. Is it possible to build a queue that starts an exportconverter like every 0.5 second? I have made an java application that analyzes dose reports and stores the result in a database, but my problem is that if I send more than around 50 images at once the database cannot handle all connections and consequently some of the results will not be stored properly.

/Patrik

• Hi,

ExportConverters run through a queue. If the converter blocks until your processing is done it should not drop any data. The size of the queue is configurable (default 128 images). How do you communicate between conquest and your applet?

Marcel

• The problem is that I start a .jar file with the filename as an argument. So I think that the queue is never big because Conquest is doing its job too fast. So this is more an external problem that I would like to control by slowing down Conquest. I have managed temporary to do a ugly "pause" by routing all images through a really old computer with a slow harddrive and back.

• Hi,
    sorry for the late response. The problem is now solved.
    The file that was starting without a queue was a .jar file and was started with:

ExportConverter0 = java -jar app.jar %f

If converted to an .exe file the queue works fine:

ExportConverter0 = app.exe %f

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!