*** multiplex: connection terminated

• Hi,

does it affect operation of the modality worklist? It may actually be related to the worklist client. Do you get the same message if you do a worklist query from the conquest query/move page?

Marcel

• Hey Marcel,

I recently wrote an application that takes information from our RIS system and adds it directly to the Conquest Worklist database.
    There have been problems with some modalities such as Philips MR and some ultrasound machines.
    Our Agfa CR and Fuji CR seem to work fine.
    I think it may be due to a DIcom conformance issue with the accession number or study instance id as I am using our account number from the RIS for these.
    Our account number is in the format AA000000. I think some modalities are looking for a more standard AccessionNumber/study instance id.
    I wonder if this could be causing the error?

Gavin

• Solved!

Hey Marcel, I think I found out what is causing the problem.
    I setup The Dude (http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude.php) to monitor that server and it polls it on port 104 every 30 seconds.
    It seems that this is what is causing the error to come up as it is not a valid DICOM communication but merely probes the port to check that the service is available.
    Is there any way to disable this message? it is filling up the server status screen.

Gavin

• Hi,

good to hear that it is solved - you got me sweating there for a while. The message is hard-coded, and it does indicate a butched dicom transfer: I added it to differentiate DCMTK hanging up because it could not compress an image versus a rejected association because conquest is not configured to accept a SOP. I will think about it.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Bad news. It would seem that the error is both for the Dude traffic as well as for Modality Worklist.
    Our AGFA CR could not query the worklist since the upgrade. (The radiographers only noticed this morning)
    I don't know if anyone else has experience this problem yet?

Gavin

• Hi,

Try adding:

WorkListReturnsISO_IR_100 = 0

to dicom.ini. This is change 1 in the worklist code. Change 2 is a fix in the sequence processing that has been well tested from DVT. The debug log would show if the response matches the query and that change 2 is correct.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!