Dgate Crashing every day

• Windows Server 2003, updated with recent service packs and security updates.
    DGATE get an application error and will no longer accept connections.
    Fix is to restart Service and IISReset to allow website query to run again.

DGate 1.4.16k, Build Sun Jul 01, 2012 32 bit

Multiple crashes over several days see below: If I reboot server I get about a week of stability before the daily crashes begin again.
    This is the only application that has trouble on the system.

Faulting application dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0004fff4.
    Faulting application dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00050294.
    Faulting application dgate.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0730c3ed.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi,

Does the server crash or the web server (both use dgate.exe)? That IIS needs to be restarted is strange.

If you can still query the dicom server from its GUI then the server is still running.

Is there any specific activity in the DICOM server when the app crashes, as seen in the serverstatus log? Please show me me a dozen or so of lines of the log prior to the crash.

And can you repeat the action that causes the crash with debug logging on and show me a dozen or so of lines of the log prior to crash?

I will try to find the crash addresses in the map file.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!