only part of the images transferred between two Conquest PC

• Hi,
    I tried to transfer 2500 images between two Conquest Dicom PCs, but only 2467 images was successfully transferred. There is no error message for this problem. Any idea why this happened? By the way, this error only happens once in a while. Most of the datasets can be transferred correctly.
    Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Jingang

• Hi,

is there a way to find out which images where not tranferred? Maybe they are not accepted by the recieving server? Transfer accepts only sop classed listed in dgatesop.lst, while drag and drop accepts anything. Interesting is to repeat the transfer and see if the problem is reproducible.

Marcel

• Hi, Marcel,
    Thank you so much for your reply. I used the following method to recreate the problem:
    I started a new database with Coquest DICOM on a Windows Vista PC called “MOUNTHOOD” and transferred 5 datasets from our Siemens 3T MRI scanner to “MOUNTHOOD” (which is a central database). When I transferred all the data from “MOUNTHOOD” to my office PC (also running Conquest DICOM), 4 out of 5 datasets were transferred correctly, but one dataset transferred only 2430 files out of 2500 (70 files could not be transferred). It seems that all the files were correctly transferred from the Scanner to MOUNTHOOD, but some of the files failed to be registered on MOUNTHOOD database. Is this a index creation problem?

If I reinitialize the database on MOUNTHOOD, everything is ok (I can transfer all 5 datasets correctly without dropping files). The image files are not corrupted. The problem happens once in a while, but not always. Would you please help me debug this problem ? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

For your information, our OS is Windows Vista (32-bits). I used your new version of Conquest DICOM: 1.4.14beta. But every time I run Conquest DICOM, there is a pop-up error message: “Failed to register ActiveX control”. It seems Conquest Dicom is running OK even with this error message. However, it is still dropping files randomly (sometimes, only part of files can be transferred).

• Hi,

so it seems the images are recieved at MOUNTHOOD but not registered in the database. What you can do is reproduce the problem and compare the databases. There were no error messages on MOUNTHOOD? What database are you using?

The activeX control message is not important: conquest tries to register the web viewer to make it more likely that it can be used. You apparantly do not have enough rights to do so. This will only affect web access not the server.

Marcel

• Thank you very much for you quick response.
    There was no error message on MOUNTHOOD. We just use the default database: dbaseIII without ODBC.
    The problem happended when I just started a brand new database with no old data in the database folder.
    I will try to reproduce the error and posted here.
    Thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!