Conquest as an automatic image-converter?

• Marcel,

We've think that there is some setting in a MS Security patch (we haven't determined if or which) that is preventing dgate from writing the jpgs. We were ableto get the option to work great on a windows install within VMWare Fusion on a Mac. When we tried it on a different Mac VMware Windows install, it wouldn't work. We've discovered that it won't work in other windows installs. Firewall is turned off. dgate acts like it's writing the files just fine, but it ain't happening anywhere but this one virtual machine.

Has anyone else observed this?

• Scratch that...

We installed a new windows instance with SP2 and not patches...same problem. Dgate won't write to disk. Then, we went back to our original setup (the one that worked) and it will no longer write jpgs. It acts like it's doing it...no error messages but, again, no files written to disk.

• Marcel,

Sorry for the multiple posts, but we have it working in all instances now.

Here is exactly what we have in place.

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportConverter0 = "mkdcmdir.bat %V0010,0010"
    ExportConverter1 = dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:%f,600,C:\retinal\%V0010,0010\%b.jpg,//0"

We had removed the "mkdcmdir.bat" converter. We watched it work without it, I swear. But, at any rate, we added the bat file back in, and it started working and now it works everywhere.

Thanks again for all your help.

• I tried
    ExportConverter1 = dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:%f,600,D:\www\temp\%i\%b.jpg,//0"
    and works great!
    But, the maximum resolution I was able to obtain is 640x480
    This was made setting the value 600 to 1024.
    I need Standard PAL resolution 720x576. Is possible to obtain this?

Regards,
    Cirollo

• Hi,

the resolution is given in the value "600". However, the code only DOWNSIZES the image by an integral factor until the horizontal pixel size is below the passed value. So if you pass, say, 2049, the original image size is kept for most data.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!