convert .v2 file to DICOM

• Hi,

How do I convert .v2 files under \DATA\ folder to DICOM?
    I will make sure v2 files are copied over to some other area before conversion.
    I prefer command line so that I use it in scripts under cygwin.

Thanks in advance.

• Well, I set up a .14 version of conquest with the db3 database in a different directory, set it to store .dcm files and drag/dropped my .v2 files to it. Conquest then rewrote them as .dcm DICOM in the new directory.
    LJJ

• All I need is complete DICOM header information from V2 format from command line. While I could see the values with 'strings -a' command (through cygwin), I need to view corresponding tag info.

My idea is to copy one V2 file from a folder as c:\test.v2 (say) and see DICOM header info, and repeat the same for all folders (with same test.v2 name each time) through script. By doing this, I can map folder name to DICOM Study-UID, I can see which folder is from which scanner, etc.

Considering above, choosing 'Archive as DICOM' makes sense, but I have data worth 2.5TB (out of 4TB total space) already stored and server is very busy. Can I now switch to .dcm archive option with 2.5TB already on V2 format under same server? Or should I set up another conquest with .dcm as storage option and with decent storage?

• Hi,

Your script is not a good idea. Best load the images into a new server to convert them to DCM, because the header is extended when images are converted to DCM. The sorting etc can be done by properly configuring the new server. In any case, you can at any time switch your old server to DCM. That will only affect newly stored images.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!