Importing Jetstream images

• Hi
    Trying to put the images exported from Jetstream via my memory stick into Conquest. Files have .cmp extension.

I've tried 2 ways.

1. Putting them in the conquest data directory then rebuilding the database

2. dropping them onto the Conquest window.

I get the following error report:
    ----------- Adding image files to server -----------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating 1699348480 bytes
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server
    -----------------------------------------------------

I've tried it on a desktop and a laptop computer same result both have plenty of resource

ANy ideas?

• Hi,

Can you email us a sample? The out of memory error is because the image is read incorrectly - not because of lack of resources.

Maybe you can also try reading them with OFFIS tools to see if they conform to the DICOM standard.

Marcel

• Hi

I tried operating on one image with the program dcmconv.exe (default switches and parameters). Reading its help page dcmconv is supposed to perform "automatic data correction". It gave the following output:

DcmItem: Length of attribute (0010,000e) is odd
    DcmElement: Unknown Tag & Data(0010,000e) larger (589843) that remaining bytes in file
    DcmItem: Dataset not in ascending tag order, at element (0010,000e)
    Error: Invalid Stream: reading file: C:\s2317i116.cmp

I'm not sure this helps much. I'm getting out of my depth.

Mike Avison

• Hi Marcel

Do you still want to take a look at the data, or have I just done what you were going to do?

If you'd still like them please tell me an email address to send them to.

I'm in an annoying situation now since Philips aren't going to listen to me if I ask them to improve their Dicom compliance on their new platform.

I think probably Dicom servers such as GE and Agfa just work round the header faults in Jetstream output. I know that the Jetstream I am dealing with does send files to GE PACS without a problem.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query

Best Wishes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!