forward by requesting service

• Would like to create routing rule to foward to other servers based on requestingservice
    I've tried various settings. I'm using the Borland Database Engine which may be part of the problem, eh? Anyway, using the below settings sends all studies to all targets (i.e. 'L/' studies get sent to all four servers)

ForwardAssociationLevel = STUDY
    ForwardAssociationCloseDelay = 5
    ForwardAssociationRefreshDelay = 3600
    ForwardAssociationRelease = 0

ExportConverters = 4

ExportFilter0 = RequstingService LIKE 'L/' ExportConverter0 = forward to L_MAC
    ExportFilter1 = RequstingService LIKE 'O/' ExportConverter1 = forward to O_MAC
    ExportFilter2 = RequstingService LIKE 'D/'
    ExportConverter2 = forward to D_MAC
    ExportFilter3 = RequstingService LIKE 'K/'
    ExportConverter3 = forward to K_CNQ

• Hi,

exportfilters only work on items that are in the database, and requestingservice is not one of them. You could use a conditional expression instead, e.g.,

exportconverter0 = ifequal "%V0032,1033", "value"; forward to SERVER

Where 0032,1033 is the dicom tag for requestingservice.

Marcel

• I was able to get it to work by adding the dicom tag to dicom.sql.

After that, it worked as I expected. However, I don't feel confident in the integrity of my method. I'm going to try yours as it seem simpler.

Thanks so much for the prompt response!

Mike.

• Marcel, I tried your method and it worked wonderfully, thanks again.

Now I have a trickier request. We have a need to send studies to an off-site provider for interpretation. This provider looks for a value in a certain DICOM tag to determine the customer demographics. When we had just one facility sending to the provider, all was well. Now, however, we have multiple facilities wanting to send to this provider.

Is it possible to filter studies based on the above tag (requestingservice), and, based on that value, change the value of another DICOM tag, then export to the outgoing server?

I know it seems like a crazy request, but our needs are kind of specific and a vendor has left us hanging without a good solution.

Mike.

• Hi,

you can change dicom tags - but currently only once, using importconverters. So by combining an importconverter with a similar filter as described before and an exportconverter your problem may be solved. You need to lookup the syntax in the manual.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!