how to upgrade from iQ-VIEW 2.6 to 2.7

• hi, I have a payed licence of 2.6 and I've also payed for upgrades.
    I'd like now to switch to 2.7, so please tell me what's the correct procedure:

1- install 2.7 over 2.6

2- uninstall 2.6 and then make fresh 2.7 install

I'd like also to keep current 2.6 settings regarding to keyboard custom hotkeys, DICOM nodes, printing DICOM tags custom layouts etc. etc.
    will the upgrade keep memory of those? should I make a backup first? if yes, which files should I copy?

• If you are installing iQ-VIEW 2.7 over 2.6, the setup program will automatically do an uninstallation of the 2.6 version first. Whenever you are uninstalling iQ-VIEW, all user specific configuration files (shortcuts etc.) and of course the database will stay untouched and will work for iQ-VIEW 2.7 without trouble.

In a nutshell: simply use 1- install 2.7 over 2.6

If you are experiencing trouble (unexpected program behavior) after the upgrade, we can go into detail about a fresh installation with copies of the settings.

• Quote from Erik Virtel

In a nutshell: simply use 1- install 2.7 over 2.6

thanks 4 feedback.

1 last question. will the 2.7 over-installed keep the licence of the 2.6 version or should I provide you again the fingerprint to get a registration code?

• Quote from Erik Virtel

You will need a new license. iQ-VIEW 2.7 will run in Trial mode (30 days) until you activate the new license.
    Please contact your vendor for the proper procedure.

upgrade successful, thanks!!!
    I've already sent an email to my vendor with the fingerprint of my computer to get a new licence code

• unfortunately the over-install was not the correct procedure.

my vendor told me that in order to get a new activation code I had to reset the current licence first.
    so, after installing 2.7 over 2.6. I had to uninstall it, reinstall 2.6 and then complete the licence reset on 2.6 before upgrading to 2.7.

correct suggested procedure is here in case any other user would need it.

Step 1: Reset the iQ-VIEW license
    · To do that open the “Local settings” dialog and select the “Information/Upgrade” button. Click “Reset” to deactivate the license key. When the license is reset it will no longer be valid on that machine. The hardware fingerprint will change and the previously used activation key becomes invalid.
    · During the “Reset” a text file is created in the iQ-VIEW installation directory, called “License Uninstall Info.txt”. This file contains an uninstall key verifying the license reset. Send this file by e-mail to license@image-systems.biz.
    Step 2: Install the new version 2.7 (Then you can work for 30 days with the trial version.)
    Step 3: Send us the new hardware fingerprint
    Step 4:
    If the license has a valid Annual Service Package: We will provide you the activation data for your upgrade license as soon as possible.
    Please note: The workflow stops only for the time you reset the license and install the new one.

• Dear dbartalena,

I'm sorry for having caused inconvenience regarding your update. I was referring to the technical part of the update process but not considering the user point of view (which is in this case to adhere to the proper licensing regulations). :oops:

May I encourage all readers to always use your vendors as your first choice of contact regarding any license or support issue.

This refers also to the posted instructions. Please don't send files to our license team unless your vendor told you so. Usually it is his job to be in touch with IMAGE Systems.

Dear dbartalena, I hope you were nevertheless able to do your work as usual and will now enjoy the new features of iQ-VIEW 2.7.

All the best,

Erik

• It's the same procedure.

Reset your 2.7 license, upgrade using the 2.8 installer (downloadable from our website or maybe through your vendor) and request your 2.8 key by providing the “License Uninstall Info.txt” and the new fingerprint. iQ-VIEW 2.8.0 will run in trial mode for 30 days (15 days as PRO and 15 as BASIC) to get the new license running.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!