can't run K-PACS 1.6 and iQ-VIEW 2.6 together on the same XP

• I have this strange issue.

I have a payed licence of iQ-VIEW 2.6 and it works fine on a WinXP 32bit PC.

I had to install a K-PACS 1.6 to have a secondary DICOM archive.

If K-PACS is running and I try to launch iQ-VIEW, just the splashcreen shows up and then iQ-VIEW doesn't start.

If iQ-VIEW is running and I try to launch K-PACS, nothing happens.

it seems that the 2 software cannot run together on XP.
    on the other hand on another PC with Win7 64bit both K-PACS and iQ-VIEW 2.7 do well together

I checked the DICOM configuration parameters on XP and there's no apparent conflict of AET, port or Imagebox location.

so, my questions are:
    1- is there any known reason preventing KPACS and iQ-VIEW 2.6 running together?
    2- is that conflict XP specific^
    3- should I try to upgrade to 2.7 ?

• Hello dbartelena,

1- is there any known reason preventing KPACS and iQ-VIEW 2.6 running together?

We recommend to not use both applications at the same time for various reasons (I can't be more specific here). This is also true for other DICOM viewers since we have had reports from customers about incompatibilies. Since iQ-VIEW evolved from K-PACS there might always be issues when same settings are used or resources might be used concurrently by both applications.

2- is that conflict XP specific?

No.

3- should I try to upgrade to 2.7 ?

This should work for you.

Please be aware that we are not supporting K-PACS. So any problems you will be facing using iQ-VIEW and K-PACS at the same time might not qualify for our support. We always suggest K-PACS upgraders to iQ-VIEW to remove K-PACS entirely from their system.

Perhaps you should try to use a PACS instead of a Viewing Workstation (i.e. K-PACS) as an archive.

• thanks for infos and feedback.

I'll try to upgrade to iQ-VIEW 2.7 to see if this solves the issue.

as I said before K-PACS and iQ-VIEW 2.7 do well together on Win7 64bit, even if you do not suggest it as a solution.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!