ImportConverter to change DICOM header

• Hello,

I have attempted to use the following ImportConverter to change the DICOM header of incoming images. My intent is to remap the info contained in the Performing Physician tag (0008,1050) and insert this in the Referring Physician tag (0008,0090).

ImportConverter0 = set 0008,0090 to "%V0008,1050"

While it changes the tag info in the Conquest database it does not actually change the header of the images. Can Conquest change the actual header of images prior to storing and forwarding them?

Thank you

• Hi,

this script will definitively change the information in the header, the database contents are extracted from the modifed header.
    How do you inspect the header?

You may also try the new more readable:

ImportConverter0 = set ReferringPhysicianName to "%VPerformingPhysicianName"

or

[lua]
    ImportConverter0 = Data.ReferringPhysicianName = Data.PerformingPhysicianName

Marcel

• Ahh, you are absolutely correct Marcel. Apparently my error was in the way I was testing it. It works perfectly. As far as viewing the header I primarily use a Java application called DICOM Dumper by NeoLogica. Thank you for your response.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!