Importconvertor unconditionally set

• I was wondering if you can set a Dicom element, rather than copy a Dicom element to another.

I'm specifically after setting a "station name" into a Dicom field or copying the AET into "station name"

Thanks!

• Sure,

just use for a constant value: set gggg,eeee to "string"
    or for the called AE: set gggg,eeee to "%c"
    or for the calling AE: set gggg,eeee to "%u"

See manual for a few more details.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel,

Worked well!

We have another issue associated with this, the called AET is being padded out with spaces, the receiving device is not promiscuous. I’ve been able to change the conquest AET to 16 char. Is there a way of limiting the AET in the known providers to the name specified, without the program padding the AET with spaces on sending.

Glenn

• The sending destination has 12 Chars, in looking through the conquest debug log, I see "XXXXXXXXXXXX ", there is four spaces after the xxxxxxxxxxxx as the called AET, the receiving destination is rejecting our system, I'm assuming it's because of the "padding/spaces"

Thanks,

Glenn

• Hi Again,

Sorry for the previous post, it's not an issue with conquest, I can query and retrieve from the vendors archive. (AET is fine) I tried sending to it with the Conquest Test patients, these didn't go across either!

The vendor is chasing down what is happening.

Thanks for the forum, I've found it very useful!

Glenn

• Hi Again,

I don't know how to write this without coming across as stupid.
    Sending to the Archive doesn't work
    We can query/retrieve from the vendors archive without issues.
    Changing the vendors archive AET to 16 characters then sending from Conquest to the vendors archive works. If the vendors AET is "DICOM_ARCHIVE" putting "DICOM_ARCHIVE___" three spaces are behind ARCHIVE I used _ to show it, the images are received okay by the vendors archive! I have tested other vendors and some dicom test tools, they display the AET correctly. so I'm assuming some vendors can strip the space others cannot.

Is the AET held in the DB, if so can I adjust the field to the character length for this archive.

Really sounds dumb, doesn't it!

Glevan

• Hi,

When you use the C-MOVE page, how do you add spaces to the AE title?

In any case according to the DICOM standard: "AE: A string of characters that identifies an Application Entity with leading and trailing spaces (20H) being non-significant. A value excluding consisting solely of spaces shall not be used. (chapter 5, page 25).

So I think your vendor is in the wrong when spaces make a difference.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for replying.
    I find it a bit odd that we program conquest to have a specific calling AET, Conquest then it presents itself to the vendor with that calling AET plus spaces to fill 16 characters.

This happens on both the Called AET and Calling AET.

I'll find a way around it I hope.

Thanks,

Glevan

• Hi,

this is in the bowels of the dicom lib that we inherited from Davis, and you are the first one to report problems with it ;.>>> But i'll try to add a flag to control this behavior. In any case, conquest allways pads the AE with spaces for internal use, so its own logs are probably not a good source to test what others do. Maybe use a network sniffer like wireshark?

Marcel

• This relates to the padding spaces issue for AE titles. I still believe that padding the AE's with spaces is the right thing to do according to the DICOM standard. But for testing switching it off - download dgate.exe from version 1.4.14alpha (a prerelease for testing only) from:

ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…er/dgate1414alphatest.zip

And add the following line to dicom.ini:

Code
    PadAEWithZeros = 1

And then see what happens with your vendor, and also with other DICOM systems. Utterly untested....

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!