is possible to retrieve only images, not studies?

• Hi! I'm using Your conquest successfully!
    Now, in my hospital, I need only the image retrieving functionality.
    Explaining better:
    -we have an ultrasound machine.
    -we're currently sending with dicom store button on the US images and studies to the pc with conquest server.

I need to transfer only the images, in JPEG format, in a folder specified as magdevice0 in dicom.ini.

I don't need database and DBF tables. So, it should work like this:

-I specify the folder in dicom.ini
    -I read dicom.ini with dgate -read_ini command in dos
    -I receive the images
    -I put the images (JPEG files) on a CD or DVD with cd burning software

the server should start, without GUI, as system service.

Is possible????

PS I need this because we're more than one sonographer and everyone changed the server configuration from the gui causing troubles.
    To avoid this, we need only images.

thanks
    cirollo

• Hi,

the server always uses a database, that cannot be avoided. But you can instruct the server to store all images in any folder of your choice (see filenamesyntax in the manual), and you can install the server as a service removing the GUI.

Marcel

• understand!

But, I would like to install the server only copying the files in a folder (for example: c:\conquest) and I don't need the splash screen on startup with the choice of dbase/odbc.

If I prepare the dbase on my pc, in the folder c:\conquest\data, and then copy it on my hospital pc, it works?

And, sometimes, do I need to empty the database, otherwise it will become too large for our hard disks....., or I can do this operation at the start of the server sistematically?

thanks.

• Hi,

you can indeed just copy the tables. There is as yet no automatic cleanup when the server runs as service. You could run "dgate -v" as server, and use dgate -- commands (there are dozens) to clean it up and do other management. See the manual and this forum for examples. But you need to write your own scripts in your favorite language to do this.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!