Evening synchronization with 2 Conquest servers

• Hello. I have two Conquest servers in two physically separate locations. Conquest Server "A" at site "A" receives studies from CR1, CR2 and MR1. Conquest "B" at site "B" receives studies from CR3.

I would like to have these servers do evening copies of the studies they receive during the day to the other site. Site A would send the studies generated at that site to Site B. Site B would send the studies generated at that site to Site A.

I'm trying to figure out the rule to write in dicom.ini for this functionality without creating a loop. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Hi

We use MIRRORDEVICE (one server's MAG0 is the other's MIRROR0 and vice-versa) for this task, but that will copy as soon as files are recieved and not wait until later.

I think other rules will quickly cause a loop. However, it may be possible to filter on CallingAE and stop the converter from shuttling files back directly like so:

on server1: ifnotequal "%u","SERVER2"; forward to SERVER2

on server2: ifnotequal "%u","SERVER1"; forward to SERVER1

Marcel

• In this case could I not just put another ExportConverter rule that routes from Server A to Server B (and Server B to Server A) in real time?

Now that I think of it, this would cause a loop without AE filtering. I would have to filter this by originating AETitle which I can do. This is on a WAN and it's much slower than the local network. Should the network speed difference cause any problems with routing?

Just thinking out loud here...

• The sample I gave had the filtering.

Both the MIRROR copying and forwarding go through a queue that has a small size (512 images). One the queue is full the server gets delayed.

To solve the speed difference problem you might use defer to delay forwarding until night-time. The forward queue is then written to disk.

Marcel

• Oops,

%u does not work in 1.4.13beta. Will be fixed in final release 1.4.13. Let me know in a private message (with your email address) if you would like to test a prerelease of the final 1.4.13 dgate.exe.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!