Posts by syswiz

I have a batchfile that worked great in version prior to 1.4.15. If I typed changepatname 12345 DOE^^JANE, it would find all of the images of patient 12345 and change the patient name to DOE^JANE.

Code
    Contents of changepatname.cmd:
    dgate "--imagelister:local|%1||%%s" >changename.txt
    FOR /F %%A IN (changename.txt) DO dgate "--modifyimage:%%A,set 0010,0010 to '%2'"
    del changename.txt

I hadn't run it since late last year, but now since I've upgraded to v1.4.15c, it crashes when I get to the modifyimage part of the batchfile. I went back to 1.4.14 and it works fine, but when I copy over the newer executables, it crashes. It appears to still be broken in 1.4.16a2. Did something fundamentally change (or maybe get broken)? Let me know what I can do to help. -Scott

That would cover any single digit accession number, correct?

What happens in a "mixed accession" study? For example, if a CT was performed with accession number 12345, and then paperwork was digitized as another series with accession number 0? What becomes the accession number for the whole study?

{I was kidding about the kiss - how 'bout a beer if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest of the US}

-Scott

Woot! Marcel, I could kiss you :D

It is working now. Unfortunately, I found some joker was also putting "1" as the accession number. What is the syntax to add another if...then to this line to check for "1":

Code
    CompressionConverter0 = ifnotequal "%V0008,0050", "0"; {ifnotempty "%V0008,0050"; stop; }; set 0008,0050 to "%a0020,000e"

I tried a few things, but maybe I am not fully understanding. Do I put the same "if...then" logic after CompressionConvertor0?
    I have some test studies with empty accession numbers and tried:

Code
    CompressionConverter0 = ifnotequal "%V0008,0050", "0"; {ifnotempty "%V0008,0050"; stop; }; set 0008,0050 to %A0020,000e
    but got the following in my log:
    2/3/2010 9:32:27 AM [PACSADMIN] Compressionconverter0.0: nop ifnotequal "", "0"
    2/3/2010 9:32:27 AM [PACSADMIN] Compressionconverter0.1 executes: ifnotempty ""
    2/3/2010 9:32:27 AM [PACSADMIN] Compressionconverter0.2 not executed because of previous statement

Is there any way you could please show me a specific example? I created the acrnema.map entry, but I am having trouble "filling in the blanks".

Thanks! -Scott

Thanks. I'll stick to 1.4.15c <grin>.

I tried adding

RetrieveResultConverter0 = ifnotequal "%V0008,0050", "0"; {ifnotempty "%V0008,0050"; stop; }; set 0008,0050 to %A0020,000e

to my dicom.ini, but it didn't seem to work. Do I need to add anything else besides this line?

First of all, I am on 1.4.14, but I can upgrade. Is the upgrade the usual: backup the conquest exe directory, stop the service, replace the contents of the conquest directory, start the service?

Second, can I add a destination qualifier, or maybe a calledAE qualifier. Example?

Thanks! -Scott

Marcel, I need to c-move a lot of studies to another PACS. I'd like to change the accession dicom tag as I send the data. Is this possible? I saw examples of importconverters changing the data when it first arrives, but what if I just want to change it when it leaves?

For example, if the accession number is "0" or blank, and it is being sent to PACSDUMP, I'd like to change it to be a string based on the current date/time (to make it unique). Is there an "if...then" statement you can toss my way?

Thanks again for an awesome product. -Scott

I am running out of space on one mag and have plenty on another. What is the best way to select 5g of data and move to another existing mag? Specific line syntax would be appreciated. I am thinking it might be related to the command [-as#,N|-amFROM,TO], but I am not sure what the syntax should be. Let's say that the smaller mag is MAG0, and the larger is MAG2. What is the correct line syntax? I owe you a beer if you ever get to Olympia, WA in the states.... -Scott

Marcel, I added this statement to try to force all studies to a new location on another drive.

Code
    ImportConverters = 1
    ImportConverter0 = storage MAG1

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work consistently. In an RF study that was just sent, four of the images went to MAG0, and the rest went to MAG1. Is this normal? How do I enforce all images to go to MAG1 (while still being able to pull historicals off of MAG0)?

Maybe this was a fluke, I will let you know how the next study goes... -Scott

P.S. Thanks again for your product. It is amazing what it can do.

Give each of the local pacs a different AE title to send to, but the same IP/port. You can run converters based on "CalledAE".

For example,
    Clinic1:
    The local pacs (with an AE Title of AETITLE) sends to conquest (AE Title: CLINIC1)

Clinic2:
    The local pacs (with an AE Title of AETITLE) sends to conquest (AE Title: CLINIC2)

The Conquest hospital pacs is promiscuous and will accept images destined to ANY AE Title as long as the IP and port matches its own.

I hope I explained that clear enough. I can provide a dicom.ini with an example if needed. -Scott

Quote from marcelvanherk

importconverters runs as 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, ... 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc: all in order. A stop will stop the whole chain. This is a bug - it will stop only one line later.

Can you give an example of where the process will actually stop?

Quote from marcelvanherk

I believe you have some {} missing in the last example; the if statement only affects ONE following statement unless {} are used. Also, all statements need to appear on one line.
    ifequal "%u","TESTBOX"; stop;
    ifequal "%V0008,0080[0,6]", "OUTSIDE"; {forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; stop; };
    ifnotequal "%V0008,0080[0,4]", "INSIDE"; {forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; stop; };
    forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; forward to ARCHIVE;

So if the following was all in one line, would it work as expected? Is there an easier way to accomplish this?
    1) a study from TESTBOX gets stored in CONQUEST, but gets forwarded nowhere
    2) a study from a facility that begins with OUTSIDE or does not begin with INSIDE gets forwarded to RAD_OFFICE and RAD_HOME, but not ARCHIVE

ExportConverter4 = ifequal "%u","TESTBOX"; stop;
      ifequal "%V0008,0080[0,6]", "OUTSIDE"; {forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; stop; };
      ifnotequal "%V0008,0080[0,4]", "INSIDE"; {forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; stop; };
      forward study to RAD_OFFICE; forward study to RAD_HOME; forward to ARCHIVE

Marcel, can you explain the order in how Import and Export Converts are executed?

For example, does it process in numerical order, top to bottom and left to right?

I want to do more "sophisticated" converters, but I want to get it right.

For example,

In those rules, what I am not sure about is this - I want to make sure the following occurs:
    1) any type of study from TESTBOX gets stored in CONQUEST, but gets forwarded nowhere
    2) any MR study from a facility that begins with OUTSIDE or does not begin with INSIDE gets forwarded to RAD_OFFICE and RAD_HOME, but not ARCHIVE

I hope I am clear in what I am asking. Thanks! -Scott

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll figure out a workaround. Could you add server port to the official feature request list?

Additionally, thank you for your time and a pretty sweet product.

Thanks! -Scott

Sorry to drag this up from long ago.

I'm trying to find an easier way to review logs for errors. We are depending on Conquest more and more for remote reading and I want to make sure that I catch any failed transfers. Do you have any suggestions?

Is there a way to specify the port of the email server?
    For example, instead of the typical port 25 for SMTP:
    MailHost = mailserver:24

Additionally, can we specify a password as well as the login name?

Thanks. -Scott