Posts by garyg

Hi,

I want to delete some tags before/as sending an image series to a remote destination. Is this possible?

This a problem of my own making but I hope there is a solution other that the obvious.

When I import images to Conquest I create some private tags using ImportConverters which store information about the radiotherapy objects being imported, so I can then use those tags in generating a file path for the images so that they are stored in a human-readable hierarchical file system (so we can easily audit the data by viewing the filesystem).

Unfortunately, if I then want to send these images to a radiotherapy treatment planning system (Focus or Pinnacle, but possibly also untested systems) they are not imported because of the private tags so I need a way to delete the private tags before, or as, I send them out from Conquest. Is there a Conquest way to do this.

The obvious solution is to not add the tags in the first place, but I am hoping for a different solution so I can have my cake and eat it.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks Marcel,

I have been able to create the private VR but can't put in a backslash "\" to form the directory path without it giving me two of them in the final string, i.e.

Code
    set 0001,0001 to "%i\%m"

creates the DICOM tag with value "098765\\CT". Is there some escape character for the backslash so that I just get a single backslash in the resulting tag?

Also, I want my ImportConverter to have multiple lines so as to generate an if/then/else flow like the ExportConverter example in the manual but this doesn't seem to work for me. The following code is meant to create a tag with value "planning" or "not-planning" depending on the source but a CT from a different vendor, however, which should invoke the 2nd line, does not create the tag at all. Is there some error here?

Code
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%V0008,0070[0,2], "CMS"; set 0001,0001 to "planning";stop;
    ifnotequal "%V0008,0070[0,2], "CMS"; set 0001,0001 to "not-planning";

It is not clear to me from the documentation if all commands on the line after the conditional statement are executed if it is true or just the first command. Will the converter then move on to the next line if the conditional statement is false?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi,

I have not been able to figure out if it is possible to have a different directory structure based on whether or not the incoming data is DICOMRT.

We would like to set up a directory tree to make it more obvious to someone viewing the data directory (via a network share) whether the whole-of-treatment data for a given radiotherapy patient is complete. Using the same FileNameSyntax for normal DICOM images and DICOMRT data can be problematic as missing tags results in subdirectories called "-", which is not as clean as we would like.

It seems a better directory structure could be obtained by separating the original diagnostic data by modality and date, and the DICOMRT data by modality and StudyID (i.e. plan name). If we could apply a different FileNameSyntax based on, say, the SOPClassUID we could do this. Is this possible with an ImportConverter, perhaps?

A directory structure something along the following lines is desired.
    PatientID
    >>> CT
    >>>>>> Date1
    >>>>>> Date2
    >>> PET
    >>>>>> Date3
    >>> MRI
    >>>>>> Date2
    >>> DICOMRT
    >>>>>> Plan1
    >>>>>>>>> CT
    >>>>>>>>> RTDOSE