Posts by marcelvanherk

Hi Michael,

Does it give the same message when you stop the service and restart it? Maybe it tries to run the server before the NAS is up. If so you can maybe delay startup by making the CONQUESTSRV1 service dependent on the NAS or on another windows service.

You did change the login of the service from system to a user with full access?. Maybe you use a drive mapping that is not valid for the service but only when logged in?.

The message is produced when conquest fails to write a file do data\printer_files, i.e. when it would fail writing to any data\xxxx directory.

Marcel

Hi,

we might use some of the posts for appendices to the manual in the future. In any case, check out the "Stickies" (there is one about compression) and the existing appendices in the manual (there is one for forwarding). Backup is not covered, although there is a thread about archiving.

Problem is there are so many options. Would more examples help?

Any input for the manual is always appreciated. We already recieved a text about setting up conquest with WAMP. This will certainly go in a future release.

Regards,

Marcel

Hi Radtraveller,

Edit database is not implemented for the built-in dbase driver (it is for ODBC based drivers like SQL server). In that page you are looking at an excerpt of the dbfs, not the real thing. The delphi dbase drivers I use would not work on large databases, that's why. Not an easy thing to fix. Better make sure the information in the images is correct in the first place ;->>>

Marcel

Hi Eduard and Bushranger,

I played with the WebGate a bit too. Basically it bypasses the dicom server completely - it runs even when the server is down. The ASP pages connect to a database through standard windows calls. I am sure that EXCLUDES using the built-in dbaseIII driver for WebGate. I got it to run by installing an microsoft SQL server, and configuring a conquest dicom server to use that - all default settings except using filenamesyntax of 4 or 9 (.dcm extension).

The DICOM images are served to the client by setting a virtual directory to the data directory of conquest (I gave anonymous users read and browse rights - not very safe). Start - settings - control panel - admin - IIS - local computer - web sites - default web site - new virtual directory; Alias img - directory c:\dicomserver\data - rights read/runscripts/browse.

EZDicom must have been extended to be able to retrieve images over a http protocol. This is not hard to do, I managed to get the K-PACS viewer to do that too. I used some stuff from http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/delphi/wininet.htm.

So far so good. I managed to allow localhost to run the OCX's and then - nothing. No images appeared, whatever I tried. I verified generation of the URL's of the dicom images by adding <%Response.write AXParam%> to series.asp and its shows lots of stuff like:

Code
    Name-CT-20051101-Specials^RTprostaatBlaas|Name-CT-20051101-Specials^RTprostaatBlaas||1.3.12.2.1107.5.1.4.49205.30000005110110110064000000365|
    prostaat 3.0 B40f|
    http://localhost/img/20505943/1.3.12.2.1107.5.1.4.49205.
    30000005110110110064000000365_0002_000084_11706165340006.dcm,...

Eduard can you help?

In any case, I would like to add in the future a similar option to the built-in CGI web server, using an OCX derived from K-PACS. This would allow any database driver to be used since the server would provide all information to the CGI program.

Marcel

Hi Michael,

you have to set the account with which the service logons.

Start - control panel - admin - services - CONQUESTSRV1 - logon

Change from Local System Account (default) to e.g., your account or whatever the server runs under. Then the service should have adequate rights to access the shares and things should work.

Marcel

Hi, this should work:

Code
    ExportConverters = 1
    ExportCallingAE0 = DMHCONQUEST
    ExportConverter0 = forward to MXC_RAD
    -or -
    ExportConverter0 = forward compressed as UN to MXC_RAD

Make sure that the CallingAE indeed has that name (see the server log during activity). Also do NOT forget to put at least one space around the '='.

To set the # of converters (ExportConverters = 1) you need to kill and restart the server (dgate.exe). All other lines are read from the file by dgate.exe for every forward and can be changed on the fly without any restart. Just do not save config from the GUI - you would lose your changes as the GUI reads dicom.ini only at startup.

Marcel

hi,

this is just a warning. Things should work fine. Be aware that the cine images are transferred uncompressed - they may be big. This is a 'feature' of conquest: only one transfer syntax is selected per client, e.g., default images are all sent uncompressed to a client.

Marcel

1) native MySQL should be easier to setup (no odbc required). I made the correct dll avaialble for download with 1.4.12b, indeed you need to copy this to the server directory prior to setup. NOTE A BUG THOUGH - SEE KNOWN ISSUES TOPIC.

2) BDE is (very) optional and only impacts one little feature of the browser when using ODBC - whether the search box accepts patient names. In other modes (native mysql, dbaseIII) and when BDE is not installed it only accept patient IDs