Posts by marcelvanherk

Today, a new version of the Conquest DICOM server is released.

I would like to thank all the users of the forum who reported problems, suggested changes, and helped testing and documenting.

The main new features are:

SqLite driver, jpeg and mysql driver in one package, auto setup database, delayed forwarders and prefetchers, more scripting commands, WEB viewer for IE, configure V2/DCM, configuration of deletion order, and bug fixes.

You can find it at:

Where: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ingenium/dicom.html

Marcel

You probaly need items without a * for what I read of your request. You misunderstand the purpose of the *. The line could be

MyAE* 127.0.0.1 * un

This means that a request to move to MyAE104 will send to port 104 (on 127.0.0.1), MyAE105 to port 105 (on 127.0.1) etc. This is not very useful.

However

My* * 104 un

Is very useful: it will accept request to move to e.g., My127.0.0.1 and send a response to 127.0.0.1, port 104. In ths way many (e.g., k-pacs) viewers on different computers can be configured in one line in conquest. Just their AE names need to built like My[IP] or My[name].

That the wildcard lines do not show on the Query/move page is correct behaviour. How would it know what to fill in for the *?

Marcel

Hi,

Basically such a description is in the manual of 1.4.13beta.

There has to be an (empty) mysql database setup with correct name (e.g. conquest), user name (e.g., root) and password (e.g., an empty string) matching the ones in dicom.ini. The command line to create such a database is listed in the 1.4.13beta manual on page 20. If you access the database with mysql commands then conquest should also be able to access it with the same username/password. The remarks of slow performance with the default mysql setup are no longer valid in 1.4.13beta. So that should make it easier.

Upcoming release version 1.4.13 makes it even easier: it install the database for you. Just wait a couple of days for its release.

Or try version 1.4.13beta now, which make it slightly easier by setting correct defaults.

Marcel

Hi,

it uses CQDICOM.DLL to do this (source not included). I planned to add server commands to dgate for the same purpose but this has not yet happened. The command you tried works indeed only for the local server. You could look at test.cxx: this has elementary query clients. But I think we should integrate them in dgate.

Marcel

Hi,

Any depth of sequences can be represented, but only one item per sequence. It works by echoing the sequence organization of the query, filling in items from the database at any depth they are found. Since there is only one database entry per VR this explains why only one item can be stored per sequence. Hope this answers your question.

Marcel

Hi,

For all required flags and source files see the Makefile under dgate.exe in dgate.zip and under dicom.lib in dicomlib.zip. I compile with a very old msdev4.2 from the command line using amake.bat and amakelib.bat.

You need IJG jpeg sources as well unless you also define NOINTJPEG, which I would advise (i.e., leave out the built-in jpeg decompressor).

Marcel

Hi,

serverstatus.log
    pacstrouble.log
    pacsuser.log

remain being written on my win2000 system when the server is running as a service (just double checked) irrespective wether the GUI is up or not. Maybe the service has insufficient rights to do that on your system?

Marcel

For final release 1.4.13.

1) Control statements in im- and exportconverters now only log in debug mode. Statements doing real work log in both modes.

2) %calledae and %callingae in flexible filenamesyntax are also filled in (with "dropped") for dropped files and in other circumstances where files are loaded or generated directly in the server.

3) Added dgate --checklargestmalloc:

4) Fixed %u and %c in im- and exportconverters

5) Added flag LRUSort that can be empty (as was), or StudyDate, AccessTime, PatientBir to order patients (old to new) for deletion or archival based on the latest study.

6) Added AllowTruncate string: comma separated list of db truncations that are a warning not an error.

7) Preretrieve and forward patient to etc now also retry.

8 ) a jpeg warning message in the built in decompressor logged with fprintf(stderr, ..) crashed dgate - now output is logged.

9) An out of memory error causes an orderly fatal shutdown of the server with logging.

10) Enabled JPEG decompress/compress also for non-16 bit data

11) Fixed a bug in ForwardAssociationLevel logic causing it to stop working when 2 simultaneous studies are being executed

12) Made maximum of exportconverter retries configurable (0=default is no maximum).

Open issues:

Group 8 group length is missing in DCM files
    exit code of dgate --deletestudy
    make config through dropdown lists
    database changes (stationname)
    kpacs viewer: server is not running error as service, logging as service ?

Indeed,

after a jpeg error th file is left. You can try out the command line as shown in the error log to see the error message:

dcmcjpeg +el +un +sr F:\fairdicom\printer_files\1.2.826.0.1.3680043.2.135.732936.34336296.6.1193697443.625.46.dcm out.dcm

The problem with spaces is solved: I added quotes around the file name.

Marcel

Hi,

This exact error happens has been reported by jdcrisen when restoring the GUI after being minimized in XP. It is a bug in the Delphi VCL library and has already been fixed but not yet in a released version.

Marcel

The sample I gave had the filtering.

Both the MIRROR copying and forwarding go through a queue that has a small size (512 images). One the queue is full the server gets delayed.

To solve the speed difference problem you might use defer to delay forwarding until night-time. The forward queue is then written to disk.

Marcel

Hi,

there is no need for 64 bit yet: the server software is just plain 32 bits.

There is an known issue however of some 2003 machines with MS sql server 2005 giving a secure socket layer error: the delphi GUI application then cannot connect to the sql server.

The MYSQL issue you mentioned may be related to the registry settings reported earlier. The version 1.4.13beta automatically sets the right registry setting.

Marcel

Hi

We use MIRRORDEVICE (one server's MAG0 is the other's MIRROR0 and vice-versa) for this task, but that will copy as soon as files are recieved and not wait until later.

I think other rules will quickly cause a loop. However, it may be possible to filter on CallingAE and stop the converter from shuttling files back directly like so:

on server1: ifnotequal "%u","SERVER2"; forward to SERVER2

on server2: ifnotequal "%u","SERVER1"; forward to SERVER1

Marcel

Hi LJJ,

Printer_files is used for printing, but also for temporary files passed to the decompressor and for conversion to GIF that should have been deleted after use. So yes you can delete any files in there.

But I do not understand why they are there. Are they dicom files, gif images for the web viewer or text files?

Maybe the server can create the images there but not delete them due to insufficient rights?

What version and OS do you use?

Marcel