Posts by marcelvanherk

Hi lhendricks,

the flip option is in the 1.4.14 OCX (you may need to re-register it) and in the 1.4.14 server.

The level and windows in kpacs viewer for jpeg coded data must be a bug in the kpacs viewer used to generate the OCX web viewer and kpacs viewer, which has not been updated for quite a while. Maybe you can ask if Andreas can shed some light on this issue. It must interpret a tag added by the DCMTK jpeg coder (did you update to 3.5.4 included in dgate 1.4.14?). I believe that ImageRescaleSlope and ImageRescaleIntercept are changed.

The serverside viewer uses the same code that is used to generate bitmaps on other web pages, it uses a very simple auto level and window algorithm. You can set level and window in that viewer, though manually.

Marcel

Hi,

here is my modified AiViewer by Takahiro Katoji (katoco@mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp or katoco@tomo.ne.jp) that might work with Conquest 1.4.14. It is modified from dicomviewer100.zip downloaded 15 august 2007. See changes.txt for a desription of my changes.

ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…server/dicomviewer101.zip

To enable it, download and install the Java JRE, put the contents as is (including subdirecties) of the ZIP file in htdocs, and edit the dicom.ini in cgi-bin to say:

[webdefaults]
    viewer = aiviewer

Good luck.

Marcel

Hi,

if you change anything (name etc) but leave primary keys (patient ID, UIDs) as is, you can just write over the existing data in conquest. DO NOT CHANGE PATIENT IDs THIS WAY - use conquest instead, it will reasign new UID's.

- Find the misspelled patient
    - Retrieve all of that patient's' misspelled studies from Conquest into K-PACS.
    - Use a DICOM Editor that is built-in to K-PACS to change the name (I assume there is one)
    YOU CAN SKIP THIS - Delete all of those misspelled studies in Conquest
    - Send the corrected studies from K-Pacs to Conquest

Marcel

Hi,

changing a patient ID works file by file using: dgate --modifypatid:file,patid. So it is not easy to batch this. It is possible using e.g.,

Code
    dgate "--imagelister:local|patid||%s"

to get the list of files.

There is no command to change the patient name. People typically use K-PACS to do this.

Marcel

Hi,

Try adding:

WorkListReturnsISO_IR_100 = 0

to dicom.ini. This is change 1 in the worklist code. Change 2 is a fix in the sequence processing that has been well tested from DVT. The debug log would show if the response matches the query and that change 2 is correct.

Marcel

Hi,

as always you can update by just replacing the exe files without loss of data or need to change settings. However, it is always wise to be able to downgrade if a bug is found that affects your operation. The web viewer OCX has changed a bit as well. The DLL is newer as well but has no changes in the functions used in the server.

Take care, if you recreate dicom.sql you need to do a full regen. After that you cannot downgrade from 1.4.14 without manually editing dicom.sql or a full regen.

As far as the manuals are concerned: you have to find it in the release zips. If you want to edit it, please let me know and I will send you the original document.

Marcel

Hi,

you are quick! I did not want to release this yet. It is the AiViewer of Takahiro Katoji and off course you can try it out. The classes are to be in htdocs/dicomviewer100/dicomviewer. But it requires some changes to work. In particular: in DicomFile.Java find din.skip and replace it with the appropriate din.read; also in DicomFile.Java:

After:

Code
    catch(Exception e){ System.out.println("DicomFile.Exception: " + e.getMessage() ); }

Add:

Code
    if(dicomPart10){ Part10flag = dicomPart10 = false; System.out.println("here"); isLtlEndian = Part10Endian2; vrType = Part10vr2; }

And in Viewer.Java:

After

Code
    dicURL = this.getParameter("dicURL", "none");

Make the following change:

Have fun, no warranties though!

Marcel

P.S. Just noticed their site is down. Try the one on this site: http://www.pacsone.net/download.htm. Let me know your progress.

Hi,

good to hear that it is solved - you got me sweating there for a while. The message is hard-coded, and it does indicate a butched dicom transfer: I added it to differentiate DCMTK hanging up because it could not compress an image versus a rejected association because conquest is not configured to accept a SOP. I will think about it.

Marcel

Hi,

so it seems the images are recieved at MOUNTHOOD but not registered in the database. What you can do is reproduce the problem and compare the databases. There were no error messages on MOUNTHOOD? What database are you using?

The activeX control message is not important: conquest tries to register the web viewer to make it more likely that it can be used. You apparantly do not have enough rights to do so. This will only affect web access not the server.

Marcel

Open feature requests:

Web browser:
    Upload DICOM images from WEB page.
    Multiple viewers side by side.
    Accession number display.
    Some dicom object editing.

Database entries:
    TransducerData

Server:
    Character replace import converter
    Large dicom objects

Marcel

Many items were fixed from the 1.4.14beta, there is one still open, and new ones are being found:

1) Littleendianexplicit cannot be enabled as described in http://www.image-systems.biz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1408. NOTE: THIS PROBLEM SEEMS ALREADY TO BE FIXED IN 1.4.14, and 1.4.15alpha

2) manual of dgate --modifypatid: is incorrect, reverse parameters. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

3) Some worklist clients require setting WorkListReturnsISO_IR_100 = 0. Turning this to 0 or OFF, my CR accepted the worklist. I checked the value sent for 0008,0005 in the DICOM literature and found Character Sets defined by DICOM Part 3, C.12.1.1.2 Specific Character Set 2008 version on page 902 of 1097. It shows that the value should be "ISO_IR 100". Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

4) The series move from the web page for remote servers specifies patientID and seriesUID only: Ok for conquest not for some other servers. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

5) The virtualserver and web page remote query sends queries/moves with UIDs padded with a space instead of a NULL (dgate.cpp issue). Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

6) The remote query from the web page takes some shortcuts which means that queries/moves at the series level do not work for all PACS systems, as they will not return enough query information. Will work for conquest servers though.

7 ) In some cases a rejected association gives "***multiplex: connection terminated" instead of useful information (in the past there was no message at all).

8 ) The linux install script using mysql has -DPOSTGRES in the compile line instead of -DMYSQL. There may also be a problem defining SQLLEN as SDWORD in this case (not confirmed). This is the correct command line for this file: g++ -I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/usr/include/mysql -DUNIX -DNATIVE_ENDIAN=1 -DNOINTJPEG -DUSEMYSQL total.cxx -o dgate -lpthread -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient. Further the scripts run fine on Ubuntu8.10 or other debian based linuxes with apache2 installed. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

9) Bigendian transfer syntax is not working (never worked). May be fixed in 1.4.15alpha.

10) 0008,0061 is not in the dicom dictionary. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

11) DcmMove (move triggered by web server or delayed move by export converters) has no dicom dictionary; will fail when using Explicit syntaxes (these are not yet used). Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

12) Native mysql database name not saved correctly in dicom.ini: forgot to re-save dicom.ini after creating the database. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

13) I still believe Conquest is correct because "The SOP class Extended Negotiation is not supported and ignored". This means that date and time range matches are done independently which is correct according to the standard. However, it also should mean that hierarchical queries are not supported while in fact they are. So there is a bug there.

14) Crash because BindField(1,....) is never called in UpdateOrAddToTable in dbsql.cpp. Thanks Tego! Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

15) Install as multiple services fails since the port number "5678 " is not trimmed prior to conversion to integer. The same applies to installing a next server on the same machine. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

16) A null character is be written from ServerCommand to HTML output if it has an odd length. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

17) The dbaseIII driver and probably other database drivers as well do not work on linux64 bits: to fix replace "long" by "int" in struct dbase_header in odbci.hpp. Also replace *(long *) by *(DWORD *) in odbci.cpp. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

18) The level and windows in kpacs viewer for jpeg coded data must be a bug in the kpacs viewer used to generate the OCX web viewer and kpacs viewer, which has not been updated for quite a while. Maybe you can ask if Andreas can shed some light on this issue. It must interpret a tag added by the DCMTK jpeg coder (did you update to 3.5.4 included in dgate 1.4.14?). I believe that ImageRescaleSlope and ImageRescaleIntercept are changed.

19) the code calling the kpacs viewer does not really handle multi-frame objects very well.

20) Suggest to make drop, merge, modpatid and modimage not call exportconverters. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

21) It is useful to show the database type on startup, add DT_NONE to allow running the server without database during install. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

22) I will by default disable the hostname (as c-move destination) feature for the upcoming release. It was already present in the original UCDavis code. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha. Use wildcard mapping in acrnema.map for the same effect if wanted.

23) Trailing spaces on BrowseThroughDBF value (and others?) make that the flag is not recognized in GUI. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

24) Add some code to recognize corrupt files BEFORE the dreaded out of memory error. Fixed in 1.4.15alpha. NOTE: this change is experimental.

25) Crash with sqlite under linux, see: http://www.image-systems.biz/f…p?=33&t=1722&p=5444#p5444. Partly fixed sofar in next release 1.4.15alpha.

26) Document and extend use of 7za to upack dicom files when dragging and dropping. Stop it from blinking command line windows. It should support: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR; ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z. It now only supports gz files with one dicom object, if you put 7za.exe in the dicom server directory. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

27) In some (unclear) circumstances, BrowseThroughDBF gives 'Access violation at address 004D9379 in module 'conquestdicom server.exe'. Read of address 00000'. This crash is in the MiTeC DBFTable (MDBF) in function GetData. One possible fix is to install the BDE! Note: reproduces when installing for sqlite, clearing worklist, and then going to browser. Crash stays until restarting server. Fixed in next release 1.4.15alpha.

28) Allow printing landscape for NxN image printing from GUI. Fixed in 1.4.15alpha

29) Add substring matching, e.g., ifmatch "%Vxxxx,yyyy", "*ct*; forward to CT. Fixed in 1.4.15alpha.

30) Vista requires "run as administrator" if UAC is on: the registration of the OCX else fails with a message (which is harmless). Fixed in 1.4.15alpha.

Marcel

Today, a new version of the Conquest DICOM server is released.

I would like again to thank all the users of the forum who reported problems, suggested changes, and helped testing and documenting.

The main new features are:

Better web access (scriptable) with several viewers (OCX and server side), much more forwarding and scripting options, bug fixes in worklist code, and several small bug fixes.

You can find it at:

Where: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ingenium/dicom.html

Marcel

Hi,

you can change in dicom.ini MagDevice0 and FileNameSyntax to store the data anywhere and with any filename. See the windows manual for these items. MoveSCU cannot influence the behaviour, it just instructs a DICOM move and knwos nothing about files or directories.

Marcel

Hi,

All looks oK on the conquest side. Are you sure the PACS server knows the AE title of the conquest server; many system refuse connections if they do not know your AE.

Marcel