Posts by marcelvanherk

Hi,

you did try the dgate.exe from dgate1415alpha? That uses the internal decompressor also for color jpeg images, so I do not understand the message. How did you get you ultrasound images into the system in the first place? It looks to me they are stored jpeg compressed.

Marcel

Hi,

according to the dicom standard, every query response should list the same amount of items, and the ones that are not availble for a particular response (e.g., study) should be empty. Our interface uses that specification, but we are finding that more and more systems do not do that. They skip empty items. Our (very simple) query engine does not handle this correctly and gives the message.

From the standard:

C.4.1.1.3.2 Response Identifier Structure
    The C-FIND response shall not contain Attributes that were not in the request or specified in this
    section.
    An Identifier in a C-FIND response shall contain:
    — Key Attributes with values corresponding to Key Attributes contained in the
    Identifier of the request.
    Notes: 1. All Required Keys in the Request Identifier, as well as all Optional Keys in the
    Request Identifier that are supported by the SCP, will therefore be present in the
    Response Identifier.
    2. Required Keys and supported Optional Keys in the Response Identifier will
    have zero length if the SCP has no value to send
    ; i.e., there is no requirement
    that the SCP have a value for these, or create a dummy value.

We complained to our manufacturer (Kodak) about a year ago, but off course have not had an answer.

Marcel

Hi,

if the viewer supports JPG, you can change in the viewers line in "known dicom providers", the last entry "un" into "uj", "as", or, e.g., "j2". This instructs the server to change "uncompressed", "as is", "uncompressed or jpeg", or a given jpeg encoding (j1..j6).

Is assume these are (large) ultrasound movies?

If the viewer requires uncompressed data, 1.4.15alpha (to be found on the forum), might be faster, as it does color jpeg decoding internally. To upgrade just replace the exe files.

Marcel

Hi,

You can use the testimages: command to verify all stored images.

dgate --testimages:MAG0

or (after selecting for archive)

dgate --testimages:MAG0.Archiving

I guess you can also use:

dgate --grabimagesfromserver:AE,date

to synchronize two servers. This option may be slow though and has not been used for a while.... It does the same as Find local missing patients but is an independent implementation and works image by image.

Marcel