Posts by ToadHall

Hi. I'm not the original poster of the question but just wanted to note that I encountered the same problem as the o.p. did after going from 1.0.1 to 1.5 (same in 1.6) and that Andreas's suggested kpacs.ini changes do fix the problem--or anyway they did in my case. (KPACS v.1.6.0, Fuji Synapse v.3.1.1.) Thanks very much. Also thanks for the expanded message logging in 1.5 and 1.6. Very, very useful!

Jim

James P. H. Fuller MCSE
    PACS admin
    ARMC radiology
    Athens GA USA

Thanks very much for your quick reply, Marcel. I'll take your advice on using 1.4.14 beta rather than 1.4.13.

When the production release of 1.4.14 does appear, will I need to do anything else to upgrade from the beta except replace the beta executables with the ones from the production build?

Jim

Quote from marcelvanherk

Just heard about a bug when the mysql server is not local. Maybe this is the issue?

Is that documented anywhere, or can you say anything more about it? Is it a fixed bug:-)? I've been living with the "There was a problem loading mysql.dll" message and a nonworking Browse Database GUI tab for quite some time (my server at is still v.1.4.11.) I have dgate.exe and the mass storage RAID on server A (Win XP) and the MySQL database on server B (Ubuntu 6.06), with the connection set up via ODBC. Everything works fine except browsing with the little Windows GUI.

Is it correct that 1.4.11 would not pay any attention to a BrowseThroughDBF flag in dicom.ini?

None of this is a huge issue for me since I'm about to build a replacement system using v.1.4.13, but I'm very curious about it! I'm hoping either that the bug has been fixed or that BrowseThroughDBF = 1 will take care of it on the new system, because I would really like to keep MySQL on a separate server.

Thanks very much,
    Jim

Hi, all,

What is the relation between the manual project's ConquestPACS.doc for version 1.4.12c (linked in the first post in this forum) and the documents windowsmanual.pdf, linuxmanual.pdf, and DicomConformance_FilesLST_Changes.pdf that come with version 1.4.13?

I'm just setting out to build a new Conquest system to replace what we have now (v. 1.4.1.1) and I'd like to RTFM efficiently. Is it enough to say that anything in the earlier ConquestPACS.doc file that isn't modified in one of the later .pdfs is still relevant and correct?

Thanks very much,
    Jim

cqdicom.dll is supposed to be in the main Conquest directory, which would normally be C:\dicomserver if you're running the Windows version. Is it there?

Regarding running Conquest as a service, the install process at one point asks whether you want to do this. If you said no at install time, there's also a button labelled "Install server as NT service" on the Configuration tab of the user GUI (again of the Windows version.)