Posts by jasonslan

I have one quick question regarding the loadHL7 feature of dgate.exe

if I were to add another table to my database (ie. "Reports")

and edit the dicom.sql file accordingly, is there any reason why if I were to load an HL7 ORU message with dgate.exe that it wouldnt be able populate the database with the fields from the .hl7 file that I have mapped in dicom.sql ?

I have not actually tried yet, I just don't want to go through all the effort if dgate can't read all of the HL7 ORU message.

Thanks,

--Jason

Personally, I comment just above my lines.

Code
    /* this is AETITLE1 */
    AETITLE1 192.168.1.1 un
    /* this is AETITLE2 */
    AETITLE2 192.168.1.2 un
    /* this is AETITLE3 */
    AETITLE3 192.168.1.3 un

its worked well for me..

what HL7 field does conquest look at for scheduled Date/Time ? looking at the sample HL7 message in the distribution its in OBR-36 but when I load the sample.hl7 it doesnt get the date/time .. should it be in another field?

Thanks,

--Jason

Quote from marcelvanherk

Jason,

see what happens in the java console.

Marcel

don't get a whole lot in the console just -

I noticed in the dicom.ini for this version there are options for different viewers for the web..
    where could I get a copy of the "aiviewer" applet, I'm assuming its the viewer by Takahiro Katoji - but when I drop that applet.jar file in the dir, it doesn't work.
    maybe I'm not sticking it in the right place, but if you could point me in the right direction, or where to download the correct applet, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

--Jason

is there any way to specify a "Common Name" for known DICOM Hosts? I have some that have the most messed up AE Titles you could ever imagine, and it would be nice if I could say that the AE of AE5634R78 could have a name like "Imaging Center A" or something to that effect.

any ideas?

I'm with Mr. Johnson - definitely go with redundant power supplies.. or at the very minimum have a spare on hand in case you lose one.. that way you're not trying to find a place with one in stock or waiting on shipping.. (both would suck really hard)

if its worth doing.... its worth doing right.

in your dicom.ini file you can add an export converter:
    Export converter:

Code
    # Make directory using bat script# Convert images and add them in the correct directory##################################Exportconverters = 2ExportConverter0 = "mkdcmdir.bat %i"ExportConverter1 = "dcmj2pnm.exe +oj +Wm --scale-x-size 600 %f D:\www\temp\%i\%b.jpg"

mkdcmdir.bat file:

Code
    @ECHO OFF
    REM %1 = name of the directory to create
    REM # CREATE DIRECTORY TO HOLD JPG IMAGES IN WWW FOLDER
    mkdir D:\www\temp\%1
    @ECHO ON

this should do the trick for you. - just hollar if you need any help.

Quote from lhendricks

I tried to use this. So far it's pretty, but not very functional. Has anyone gotten the viewer to work? Does it have dicom functionality or is it just a picture gallery?

its in VERY alpha stages the author's site is http://pacsworld.blogspot.com (http://pacsworld.blogspot.com/…iew-alpha-1-released.html)
    the viewer is a bit buggy, but there's some work a rounds.. its definitely a work in progress, but has a *TON* of potential. - and there is no actual dicom viewer associated with it, its just a picture gallery at the moment. the author makes a note that he's looking to incorporate one as soon as he finds one that he can freely integrate.

I have it partially working, I can query the database get a list of patients, click on a series to open it, it converts some of the images others it does not, sometimes it doesnt convert anything... (a little buggy I think) but hey, its in alpha, what do you expect. - I'll continue to dink with it though and see if I can't make something of it.

if anybody has any ideas, please share them...

Quote from czechplease

I am going to assume that in this case, 'efilm' is the AE Title of the receiving DICOM server. Am I off-base? I copied the export settings above and replaced 'efilm' with the AE Title of the KPACS server I wanted to forward to...but it did not work.

make sure the KPACS server is configured as a "Known DICOM Provider" in Conquest - and likewise for conquest in the KPACS server network configuration. - otherwise it will fail. - I have tested the rule with an Efilm workstation, KPACS, and ClearCanvas workstation. - it is imperative that you have the AET configured on all ends.