Posts by Heliolicity

Hi folks,

I've installed the latest version of K-PACS and am trying to establish communications with a Java application I've written. In K-PACS DICOM Configuration I've added the IP address, port number, DICOM AE title and logical name of my application and I've successfully established a connection to K-PACS over port 104 (K-PACS and my application are both running on the same machine). However when I send an A-ASSOCIATE-RQ to K-PACS I get an A-ASSOCIATE-RJ in response with a source code of 2 and reason code of 2: Protocol Version Not supported.

Can anyone explain why this might be the case and how I can configure the Protocol Version?

Are there any examples of a functional C-ECHO client you can suggest? I'm currently installing Wireshark and will try and test things by moving my application to a Raspberry Pi as Wireshark doesn't appear to be able to monitor data sent internally (both Conquest and my application are running on the same machine).

I've changed my code to send an A-RELEASE-RQ immediately after the A-ASSOCIATE-AC is received. I am still receiving a socket write error after the first byte of the A-RELEASE-RQ is sent. I turned on high debugging on Conquest and got this information:

Code
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Connected by address: 0100007f
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Invalid message in PDU:Multiplex
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Testing transfer: '1.2.840.10008.1.2' against list #0 = '1.2.840.10008.1.2'
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Protocol error 80 in PDU:Read
    [CONQUESTSRV1]
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 4: STARTED AT: Sat Jul 22 19:09:49 2017
    [CONQUESTSRV1] *** connection terminated
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 4: ENDED AT: Sat Jul 22 19:09:49 2017
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 4: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS

What does "Protocol error 80 in PDU:Read" refer to?

My current status is that I am sending an A-ASSOCIATE-RQ and, by monitoring the data coming back from Conquest, I can see that I am receiving an A-ASSOCIATE-AC, which is good. I have now attempted to send a C-ECHO-RQ immediately after the A-ASSOCIATE-AC is received but I am now receiving an error:

Code
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

I have not closed any connections and there is nothing in Conquest's Server Status window indicating an error. What might be causing this?

Hello,

I've made some progress in creating an A-ASSOCIATE-RQ message and sending it to Conquest. I sent five such requests and this is the Server status in Conquest after each attempt:

My question now is what does the above information mean? "Connection terminated" - does this simply mean the connection was unsuccessful or could it mean the RQ was rejected?

Hi,

I'm a postgraduate student working on a Java application to retrieve and store medical images from remote locations and store them in a DICOM PACS. I am using Conquest as my DICOM server and have installed the latest version of the software. Its AE title is CONQSERV1 and it is set to communicate over port 5678.

I have written a Java programme that aims to use DataInputStreams and DataOutputStreams to send and receive information from Conquest. I have successfully implemented a DICOM A-ASSOCIATE-RQ PDU and transmitted it over port 5678 to the Conquest AE but I am receiving 0 bytes in respone from Conquest. This doesn't seem to make sense as I would imagine that even if the A-ASSOCIATE-RQ was turned down some bytes would still be sent in response acknowledging this.

Before Conquest can be used in interaction with any other application are there any setup tasks I have overlooked? I don't have any entries in my Known DICOM Providers list, for example, though I'm not sure how to identify a Java application in this manner.

My OS is Windows 10 and I am using Java 8.

Any help would be appreciated.