settings are not retrieved from registry

• Hi there,

first of all great thx to Andreas for this software.

We've installed KPacs at our site to enable our techs to evaluate foreign patient-cd on relevant outhouse exams and send selected exams to a seperated pacs for further inhouse treatment by our physicians.

The techs should be logged on as (non-administrative) users on WinXP workstations.
    Now the problem is, that KPacs doesn't read the registry properly whenever a non-adminstrator logs on, esp. the aet's are missing.

IMHO this is the reason for a problem arising whenever trying to read data from the filesystem.
    Scanning is done properly, studies are listed.
    Whenever the viewer is started to load a study the system hangs.
    KPacs database-entries are done but images are not stored in imagebox neither is the folder created.

I did enable read-write access to all KPacs related folders for everybody on the network - same problem.
    I did add the user in question to the mainusers group of windows - no help.
    Only providing adminstrative rights on this box for the techs solves the problem.

As I'm not a Win-Guru at all I'm not sure if it's a problem with the general Win-settings or KPacs.
    But all these registry troubles are annoying on Win :(

Any help appreciated.

Andreas: did you consider making KPacs installation independent from any registry entries. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would appreciate this sort of setup ;).

Thx and a nice weekend to all of you

Rainer

• Hello Rainer,

Have you tried to install K-PACS using a limited user account instead of an admin account? The user account should have at least write access to the registry.

I actually plan to switch from registry back to ini-files with one of the next updates.

Thanks for the report.

Andreas

• Hi Andreas,

K-Pacs was installed as admin.
    Even checked the registry manually and all values look fine, regarding some other post of yours somewhere on this board.

Glad to here your switching to back to ini-files. To me Win registry is a hell-hole.

cu
    Rainer

• Hallo Andreas,

logged in as an administrator under XP, k-pacs runs excellent even with equal AET for Q/R and move. Archive is Centricity by GE.

Trouble began with new user having limited access. AET and installation directory are not stored and even burning CD requests warmstart. Is that registry update the right solution? Does this procedure imply hazard for the system? Has the new update any advantage in that matter?

Anyway, k-pacs is well appreciated in our department.

Best regards

Christian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!