viewing dicom images with external viewer

• Hey Mr.Andreas,

I am not clear about one thing that is 'How to view Images with the External Viewer" in k-pacs. I tried the option "External Viewer" ,but I was not able to make it work.What I did is follows:

Step1: I selected the image and then right click on "Viewer".

Step2: I selected the option "External Viewer" and then k-pacs gave me the option to select the external viewer.I selected Xmedcon as the external viewer and then clicked on the accept button.

Step3: Then I clicked on the same image ,the image got open in the k-pacs viewer rather than in the external viewer(Xmedcon).I tried the same image and also other images with other external viewers also like ImageJ,Amide etc.But everytime the images are getting opened with the k-pacs rather than with the External Viewers.

I can see the option "External Viewer" is selected under "Viewer".But still the images are getting opened in the K-pacs viewer.

Is this way of viewing the images with the "External Viewer" .I tried "External Viewer" in 9.3 and in 9.4.1(latest version) of k-pacs.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover

• This option is not available any more. It is a relict of the limited functionality and stability of the viewer in early versions of K-PACS. The internal viewer is now stable and mighty, and controling external application without an interface is always very limited and clumsy.

regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!